This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
    I just wanted to offer a thought about the plastic-smelling customer. I'm sensitive to smells and a strong plastic smell would bother me. But smells usually air out and become fainter before long.
    I understand the odor; I don't like it, either. I just let the item air out and in a few hours its usually fine.

Quoth wolfie View Post
    It's water, but I'll need to check the batch number before I can sell it to you - we just got word that a few batches of that brand were contaminated with Dihydrogen Monoxide.
    Oh, good one! I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

The water thing reminds me of one of my other pet peeves. A lot of the college age kids have picked up the habit of ordering a "water bottle" rather than "a bottle of water". I'm not sure why it bothers me as much as it does.

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
        The water thing reminds me of one of my other pet peeves. A lot of the college age kids have picked up the habit of ordering a "water bottle" rather than "a bottle of water". I'm not sure why it bothers me as much as it does.
        They should careful about where they order those. Some store do carry water bottles, which are sold empty.

I was in a store the other day. I saw some lovely bottles on display. Each had the name of a wine type on it, such as Chardonnay, Merlot, etc. But the box described it as a water bottle. Maybe it changed to water into.... Nah, couldn't be.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          ... Maybe it changed to water into.... Nah, couldn't be.
          If they were fruitily branded "iBottle" we could call them J-Bottles...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X