This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read, you bleeps!

As a relay operator, i am the voice and ears of my customer, speaking what they type and typing what i hear. Now i understand that the display on the machine most of my customers have is ridiculously small, something like 2 rows of 60 characters, which kind of makes it harder to read. However, i can't help but get irritated when the customer's message blatantly indicates they haven't read anything i typed. In short: Being the messenger in "Big Chain, may i help you?" "Is this Large Brand?" type situations does not make them any funnier. Plus i just remembered (screw you, brain. *bleaches it*) i do get these directly on our voice line. "Alexander Graham's Relay Service, may i help you?" "Sorry, isn't this the [unobfuscatable other telco] number? I got it on their website!"

*hit mute, sigh, release mute* This is Alexander Graham's Relay Service. Perhaps the information listed on this website is incorrect. Have a nice day. *CLICK* (because time is of the essence, i'm fairly sure my dept. manager would approve of this practice if she was made aware of it)

Brain fried from a combinations of factors, near-coma sleep imminent.
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

I'm sure you've got some great stories, although many would probably be considered confidential. But please, post what you can?
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
    X