This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *i want them all and i want them NOW*

BG: We offer free biweekly home-delivery to the elderly or impaired and work with volunteers for that. /BG

Took a call today from one of our less than mobile customers. She asked for a couple of books to be delivered.

Her: So could i get *author* and maybe *series of 5* delivered?
    Me: Sure, *author" isn't a problem, but book 1 and 2 of series aren't in right now, do you want us to include them later?
    Her: *grumbling a bit about series but relenting and just asking for *author* then
    Me: ok, so *volunteer* will have them for you friday in his run
    Her: Can't he come now?
    Me: No. He only goes out every second friday, so you'll see him then.
    Her: But i want them now!
    Me: Sorry, we can't do that.

She still mumbled and grumbled a while about how she has to wait so long, and that we don't have what she wants before i could confirm she'd be home fridaynoon, bid her a good day and hang up.

If she was polite could you have maybe snagged her 1&2 of the series for the Friday run?

Comment

If delivery isn't until Friday, there's a chance of books 1&2 of the series coming in before then - any chance of putting a "hold" on them (for polite customers only, of course) in case they arrive before the scheduled delivery?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

For our home delivery de cant offer holds fir technical and practical reasons sadly. Though for non ew customers we sometimes make an exception and do what we can anyway. The books are still gone for near 3 weeks too

Comment

I want a feast...
          "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
          -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

If you want it noooooow, you need an eReader. Books are for people who like paper.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
              If you want it noooooow, you need an eReader. Books are for people who like paper.
              sadly e-readers and e-books are near non-existant around here. We don't have an e-store as large as amazon and aren't allowed to use for example .com or .co.uk to get our books there because of copyright.
              we do have some e-stores that sell e-books but they're very pricey and limited in what books they offer.

Plus, i'm willing to bet this customer doesn't have internet/wifi.

Comment

Quoth Librarian View Post
                sadly e-readers and e-books are near non-existant around here. We don't have an e-store as large as amazon and aren't allowed to use for example .com or .co.uk to get our books there because of copyright.
                we do have some e-stores that sell e-books but they're very pricey and limited in what books they offer.

Plus, i'm willing to bet this customer doesn't have internet/wifi.
                I read on my first gen Droid, I read on my last 2 motos, I read on a palm PDA before I got a smart phone. If you are determined you can find something to read upon. I also read on my tablet, and on my laptop and desktop computers. I have my library cross archived on an external backup drive, on a set of DVDs and my absolute favorite reading list of about 200 books on a thumb drive and a SD chip. There are people out there that swap files other than internet/wifi.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
                  I want a feast...
                  I want a bean feast.

It gets me that people don't understand the concept of working with businesses schedules, and not the other way around. Also, it's free, they should be grateful they can get it at all. Silly people.
                  "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Librarian View Post
                    BG: We offer free biweekly home-delivery to the elderly or impaired and work with volunteers for that. /BG

Her: But i want them now!
                    Me: Sorry, we can't do that.
                    What part of free & volunteer run does not get through to people? You want it instantly? Hire an assistant and be prepared to pay dearly for it!

Alternative: get minions.

Comment

Working...
                    X