X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STALKER!

posted with my manager's permission...

This isn't my story, but it happened in the lab I work in...

I work in a computer lab on a college campus...

we have a pretty strict policy, NO food or drinks near the computers. I tend to look the other way to a bottle of drink near by so long as the cap is fully on.

Policy states that we must first ask them nicely to put the drink away (in case of bottle), or up on the counter near the very door (and only entrance) they walked in....after that we're to either press it, make them leave or take the drink in question....after that....campus security.

So on to the story....to get to the bathrooms in the lab you have to walk to the opposite end of the room from where the workers are stationed, my manager was heading that way and sees 2 women sitting in chairs all kicked back watching something on the computer screen.....with a full array of snacks and drinks spread out infront of them, not even subtly to sneak a bite every now and then.

Manager walks up to them and asks them to put their food away and drinks up on the counter...then proceeds to continue on his path to answer natures call.

He walks out a few minutes later, and sees one of the two putting away some of the food while the other blantently continues snarfing food and ignores the manager's request to put the food away again....When he tells her again....she SCREECHES the word stalker, and begins threatening manager caling him a stalker and other....rude things, then threatens to call campus security for stalking her...

Manager walks away, and I told she had the most amused smirk on her face thinking she'd won.....until security comes to have a "chat" with her and her friend.

Apperently Manager called campus security explained his side of the story, and security came to get the other side....where she started playing the victim, claiming the strange man was stalker her all over campus....(he'd opened the lab and except trips for a smoke and bathroom hadn't ventured very far.)

she got kicked out of the lab, her friend leaving with her....
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

So very glad to hear she got what was coming to her! What a shame she can't be given a lengthy ban, say a week ... or a month ... if she's going to pull crap like that when she's definitely in the wrong.

Comment

BRAVO!!! Agreed, there should be a fairly long ban for this level of boneheadedness!

Comment

Crying shame she wasn't arrested over this nonsense. Tell me this is on video.
        Last edited by taxguykarl; 12-03-2013, 04:49 PM.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

And the biggest downside to this kind of BS is that it makes security personnel more sceptical of "stalker" claims. It's like no one got told The Boy Who Cried Wolf story as kids. Or, more likely, they know it and don't care.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            BRAVO!!! Agreed, there should be a fairly long ban for this level of boneheadedness!
            Good Dog!!!

That was well beyond being boneheaded . . . she's a poster child for the Rock-Chewingly Stupid!
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Computer lab on a college campus? True karma would be:

- Snackers get perma-banned from the lab
              - A course required for graduation in their program has tests which use software that is ONLY loaded onto the lab computers.

End result: snacker/liars wind up unable to graduate.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Crazy lady is crazy. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

first that would require reading...since the one door you walk in has a sign in about 30 places around the room that say "no food or drink in the lab"
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    It's like no one got told The Boy Who Cried Wolf story as kids. Or, more likely, they know it and don't care.
                    "I remember that. Boy meets wolf, they have a few laughs...I forget how it ends."

Comment

Working...
                    X