X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making metal accessible to all

Lamb of God concert has a sign language interpreter

Ignoring the dumbass comments, this is seriously awesome. Just because someone has a hearing impairment doesn't mean that they can't fully enjoy everyday life!

I have heard of deaf people "listening" to music. Although, it is more like feel it. At a Heavy Metal concert, I am sure you could feel it.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      I have heard of deaf people "listening" to music. Although, it is more like feel it. At a Heavy Metal concert, I am sure you could feel it.
      There are stories that Beethoven allegedly did this after he went deaf.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        There are stories that Beethoven allegedly did this after he went deaf.
        Ironically when he wrote his best material, especially the choral symphony (9th).
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

A buddy of mine was in a punk band in SF in the late 70s/early 80s. They did several gigs at the School for the Deaf, and the students enjoyed the heck out of it! He remembers some of the signs that the interpreters made for some of the song lyrics.

Yeah, deaf people can enjoy concerts! ... Also, concerts are a complete experience, and are more than just music.
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
            Yeah, deaf people can enjoy concerts! ... Also, concerts are a complete experience, and are more than just music.
            Oh hell yeah. The studio I do lyra (aerial hoop) at do three different shows on a semi-regular basis during the year (in addition to lyra, they also do pole dancing and burlesque). Regardless of the content of the show (two of them are "professional" shows, one is the student end-of-term showcase), ALL of the events are Auslan interpreted (the founder herself is deaf in one ear).

Comment

Working...
            X