This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Battle of the Snack Machines

In my new apartment building, we have one or two snack machines (one is near the laundry room; not sure where the other is).

I went down the other day and the one near the laundry room was EMPTY.

Me:

Oh well, I thought, they'll refill it soon.

Wrong.

Apparently the building management has decided to go with another supplier, whose wares will be slightly cheaper.

The owner of the current machines is refusing to cooperate, saying we can't do that.

AFAIK, there is NO written contract. This woman has been supplying the machines and snacks for 30 years and apparently she feels that gives her some kind of squatter's rights or something.

Management ordered to her take all the snacks out of the machines. Don't know if they ordered her to remove the machines as well.

I'm told her last words were, "This isn't over yet."
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

At dawn, Twinkies at 10 paces.

Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
      At dawn, Twinkies at 10 paces...
      Sounds safe until you realize the incoming is relativistic...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Judge Judy call your office
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Not very bright is she? Vending machines are not cheap, I should know as I worked in the business. Without a contract, those machines are merely abandoned property, which means management can do whatever they want with them, throw them out, sell them, operate them themselves, and so on.
          Seph
          Taur10
          "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
            At dawn, Twinkies at 10 paces.

The new machines have been in for a few weeks now. One thing they might want to realize ... putting chocolate items in vending machines, when the machines do not sit in an air-conditioned area, is probably not a good plan ...

I've had some really lopsided peanut butter cups.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
              ...I've had some really lopsided peanut butter cups.
              My brother (#4/5) went to school in Tempe-Rapture and said it was easy to spot the newbs...
              Standing in shock in the C-store parking lot watching their new chocolate bar *splash* on the paving before they could get in their car.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post

The new machines have been in for a few weeks now. One thing they might want to realize ... putting chocolate items in vending machines, when the machines do not sit in an air-conditioned area, is probably not a good plan ...

I've had some really lopsided peanut butter cups.
                I'm surprised that the machines aren't refridgerated themselves.

Some of the vending machines on the train platforms over here suffer from the same issue as well, albeit substitute peanut butter cups for general chocolate.

Comment

I can remember getting cans of ice or slushies from outdoor soda vending machines in the fall and winter.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    My brother (#4/5) went to school in Tempe-Rapture and said it was easy to spot the newbs...
                    Standing in shock in the C-store parking lot watching their new chocolate bar *splash* on the paving before they could get in their car.
                    Yup. Back when I worked for HAL, there was a bridge between two of the buildings that was not climate-controlled. There was a vending machine in there. And I did in fact get the odd chocolate bar out of it that I could clip a corner off the foil and squeeze it out. Plus the dented peanut butter cups, et al..
                    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Working...
                    X