Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I want is a Mac Mini ... WAAAAAH!!

I dropped in on Friday to the office supply store that rhymes with "Maples" to do some pricing on new computer equipment -- the whole nine yards:
    • new Mac Mini
    • new keyboard (mine is DISGUSTING ... memo to self: CLEAN THE NEW ONE REGULARLY!! Ugh. Pretty sure there is hostile life evolving under those keys ...)
    • larger monitor (current one is shrinking the print ... yeah, that's my story ...)
    • and a new printer (you can't even GET printers without scanning capability anymore! Imagine that!! )

So of course an enthusiastic staffer (young enough to be my grandson) comes up and starts talking about all the bits and pieces, and I decide to buy the 'puter right then and there, and come back for the rest in a day or two (a printer that he recommends is on sale so I want to grab it before it goes off sale).

Well ... it's a Mac. So they have none in stock, other than the display model, and I don't want that. So we try to order at the giant kiosk near the regular cash registers.

It won't take my MasterCard debit card.

Staffer: "Do you have a credit card?"

I tell him no, which is a lie, but in any case, the cc has a ceiling that only covers half the cost of the Mini (which is ALSO on sale, so you can imagine how low that ceiling is). We try to put through the order two or three times. No luck.

They go to another unit near the front of the store and try to put through the order there. Nope.

By now the manager has joined the fun and she goes to a unit that is in between the two cash registers and tries, twice, to put through the order there.

Still nope.

I don't remember the explanations she gave me of what the problems were. She did tell me that she would contact their main office on Monday (as it was past 5 p.m. by then) and try to set up something. I told her I would be more than happy to come in and prepay (which I'd have had to do at the giant kiosk anyway), and she nodded and said "We'll work something out."

I'm thinking I'd probably have an easier time of it trying to get gold out of Fort Knox.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero
Working...
X