This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The things kids say

This is a GWC sighting, but I thought it fit better here. Hubby is apparently too lazy to share this story, but I thought it was too cute not to share.

Background: So a brief while back, Hubs was helping direct an awkward traffic situation. Basically in a past life, this gated community had two gates. At some point one of them closed and is now used only as a school bus stop. They are in the process of remodeling the guard shack at the main gate, and for a day had to close some of the lanes, so they reopened the other gate as an exit for the day. They scheduled this to happen after the bus picked up the kids.

Hubby was on babysitting duty until the bus arrived that day. In preparation for opening that gate as an exit, the drop box for visitor passes was moved there ahead of time. It's a mailbox with a slot in it.

A little girl came up to Hubs to ask about it.

Girl: "Excuse me, but why is there a mailbox there?"
    Hubs: "It's to put the visitor passes in when people leave."
    Girl: "Oh." *leaves to ponder this*

Not too long after, Hubs overhears the following.

Girl: "Do you know what a visitor pass is?"
    Boy: "No."
    Girl: "Gosh, why can't someone explain these things to me? I'm only in the first grade!"

Hubs:
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

My sentiments exactly, little girl. I've been dealing with similar experiences as of late.

I remember a time a few years ago, I couldn't have been more than 10 at the time. My mom and I had gone to the local hardware store together. When she was checking out and having a conversation with the cashier. I don't remember what they were talking about, I was too busy looking at the candy, my mom suddenly just says, "Well you know what they say, Silence is Golden!" Upon hearing this I turn around and say, "Ducktape is Silver..." I then turned back around and resumed what I was doing without another word. Both the cashier and my mom were speechless!
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
    X