X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I now know how to tie a tie

Throw me a party.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

You can make it a joint party with my 15 year old, who came bounding up the stairs last week all excited that he managed to tie his tie properly all by himself.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I learned to tie a tie at 12. I went to a secondary school where a tie was part of our uniform.

Comment

I have known how to tie a tie properly since the age of 10. Which would be cool, except for the reason for that: I was taught how to properly tie a necktie at the age of 10 by a very kind department store sales clerk, for my father's funeral. The upshot is that I've known how to tie a tie since then, something not every guy can say!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I've been able to tie my own tie since I was a teenager. Tying it "competently" every time came much later.

Now, can you tie a Trinity or Eldridge knot?

Neither can I.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

With the video tutorials I quickly and easily found on youtube, I could tie either of those knots. I like the Trinity, but think the Eldredge looks like a haphazard mess, personally.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

I havent tied a tie in, probably, 20 years. I wonder if I could still do it.

Not like my suit would even fit anymore. I was a lot bigger back then.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I didn't learn how to tie a tie until I was 21. My biochem teacher had to teach me so I could wear a tie for a presentation. Only knot I know is the full windsor.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

My partner CAN tie a tie, but for a while refused to.

He had to wear a tie in one of his jobs at first, then they relaxed and let him wear whatever the hell he wanted. When he had to wear the tie, he went out and bought a "clip-on" tie of sorts-it had a loop with a breakaway section (around the back) that went under the shirt, so at least it looked "vaguely" natural.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I used to know how to tie a regular tie. I even learned how to tie a bow tie especially to tie my (ex)husband's tie for our wedding. I also, another time, learned how to properly pleat a kilt. I'd have to at the very least watch tutorial videos on all of them to do them now I think.
                    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Like a lot of people in the UK, my junior school (age 7-11) required us to wear a tie so yeah, been able to tie a tie since then.
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                      X