Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome news to help get your life back in order. Congratulations!
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
      Happy ending time!!!

Just got the word: I move into Tender Mercies TOMORROW!!!!
      Ooooh, that's wonderful!!!

I've so got my fingers crossed for you.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

*hugs dendawg*

Good luck to you. I'm glad things are going well. <3
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Congrats den!

Feels good, don't it?

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

I feel dumb...whats Tender Mercies?

Comment

Aethian - I'll answer since it's my hometown and Den gets on only sproadically right now since he's at the Drop In center and they don't have WiFi. I believe he uses it at the Library, which is not open this late.

Tender Mercies is a very well-run homeless shelter that specializes in helping you rebuild your life and also to build skills and work toward transitioning to your own place. It also assists in counseling and things like that.

The Drop In (where he's been since his mother passed) is great for an immediate solution, but IIRC doesn't offer counseling or any of the things that TM does. It's also a very, very rough place.

TM is in the same general vicinity geographically, but is miles from the DI as far as standard of living.

Den - I'm beyond thrilled for you that you've gotten in TM.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Aethian, Tender Mercies is a Transitional Housing Program:

http://www.tendermerciesinc.org/

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

Oooohhhhh Well then this is AWESOME news.

Comment

Or yeah, that. Probably sums up a lot better than I did.

A friend of mine had a family member who had lost her way that was housed there for about 6 months. It's really a great place.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                      Happy ending time!!!

Just got the word: I move into Tender Mercies TOMORROW!!!!
                      Outstanding!!!! Woot!
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Update: I have a room and am in the process of doing intake. Justacashier, you're partially right; Tender Mercies can also be permanent housing if desired. I was introduced to one resident who's been here for 20+ years.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, den.

Glad to hear there is an option for permanent housing there. My own situation, (Granted, different Organization/City/state) was Transitional only, one year max.

Fortunately, with the way everything fell into place for me, I was permanently re-Homed after about 8 1/2 months, but although I didn't lay awake at night with worry, there certainly was that "what if...." up until that point, and the knowledge that as one year got closer, the faster time would seem to go.

Mike
                          Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                          X