This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    For car chargers, I have one of these for picky devices (I know my Galaxy Tab for some reason refuses to charge properly if I'm not using the 'official' cable even though it is getting the required power).
    This exactly. My current phone also refuses to charge properly if I use the "wrong" cable. I've got one that's an actual data cable, and two others that I think are just for charging, not data. If I accidentally grab the data cable, then my phone goes into "connected to the computer" mode and doesn't refill the battery. I found this out the hard way when I'd plugged it in overnight one time when it was nearly empty, only to find it had turned itself off overnight because the cable wasn't feeding it power (or because the data connection setting had overridden the phone's ability to draw power or something).
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I have a generic 'charge-only' cable for travel (miniUSB, microUSB, and tablet connector on one cable) with a dual adapter (1.0 and 2.1 amp). My phone will charge from it when turned on, but my tablet has to be off for it to even see the connection and it's ridiculously slow.

The official cable on a generic hub/adapter works fine though
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X