Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't you fill out the survey to let corp. know, then?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't you fill out the survey to let corp. know, then?

...instead of whining at my coworker. This is her story:

I was backing up at the lanes and was checking out a customer who had bought a lot of stuff. After I finished and gave her the receipt she all of a sudden got really mad and says "Seriously?! Your store kills so many trees. You guys are so wasteful. There is no need for this much paper. No one wants to take your stupid survey anyways" and she proceeds to rip off the survey
    half and toss it at me. Now I understand being environmentally concerned. I
    myself am pretty eco-friendly. But I don't think you should be complaining
    about waste of paper when you just used like 15 bags because you didn't want
    the bags to be so full. Even so, if you care so much, why aren't you using a cloth bag? And why sit and complain to me, a lowly worker who has no jurisdiction over how long your receipt is?
    This is the same coworker who had to deal with Suave Guy. How do these people find her?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    ...instead of whining at my coworker. This is her story:
    because using fewer or cloth bags requires the custy to *do* something, ripping up the receipt allows for instant gratification AND self-righteous indignation without having to actually do anything or examine/change their own behaviour.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

>_> ... <_< ...I use cloth bags but not because I'm environmentally concerned. I'm just sick to death of how the recycling piles up.

Comment

I use cloth bags because they hold more and because we were ending up with way too many plastic bags in the house, far more than we were going through with our wastebaskets, and I was getting tired of trying to find places that would take them for recycling.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I use cloth bags because they won't rip apart if the bus hits a pebble. They also don't tear up my hands when I carry heavy containers in them.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

My aunt sews cloth shopping bags. She takes some of my favorites and turns them into bags for me. (like my awesome fabric from Egypt!)
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
            X