Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gone in the men's room a few times when the women's room was occupied and I was in red-alert, dam's-gonna-break mode. It's either that or I drop trou and piss on the floor, and I have yet to have an issue. If I was ever questioned, I'd just say I have a penis and that I pee in the stall because I'm ashamed of my size. It's what my ex used to say.

Comment

Quoth rdp78 View Post
      I'm wondering if the first employee sees a mother/grandmother bring her young son/grandson into the women's restroom that he too would try to do the same thing and try to prevent them from entering. I mean I have seen little boys with their mothers/grandmothers (or who ever is taking care of them) in the women's restroom all the time. I don't remember anyone getting upset about it either since it's been done for decades.
      I think the real issue here is the male employee was using the urinal when the OP entered with his daughter. My guess is that employee felt uncomfortable with the idea of a small girl potentially seeing his penis, and commenting on it while he was trying to use the rest room.

That doesn't justify his behavior though.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I had to go really bad at a theater once, and the ladies' line was very long. My son (bless him) who had to go also, saw this and hollered in the mens' room, "Hey, guys my mom's doing the pee pee dance, is it ok if I bring her in here?" OMG I was mortified, but the guys made way so I could use a stall.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Here is very good rendition of the pee-pee dance.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I think part of the problem is that men are, unfortunately, seen as perverts when it comes to little girls. And they're not even trusted with their own little girls. If the genders had been reversed, nobody would have said a word (other than the mom was in the men's room!)

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Damn good thing I wasn't eating or drinking!
            Last edited by Pagan; 03-27-2011, 02:39 PM.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

If you were bringing a teenaged girl into the bathroom, I could see why the guy would be mad. But a three-year old? Yeah, he was way out of line there. I don't know too many people who would let a child that small go into the restroom alone just because they're the opposite sex.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

It occurs to me that, since my mom worked and my dad stayed home, I likely saw the inside of a boy's bathroom long before I snuck into one after school in fourth grade on a dare.

Sadly, you're right about people not trusting men with their own little girls. Mom was constantly getting asked if she trusted Dad alone with us--sometimes within earshot of us! I remember asking her why someone would ask her that, too. I don't think it stopped until there were two boys to take care of, too. Maybe I just noticed it less as time went on.
                It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

I'm the janitor for the Little shop of horrors, and 1) I am seldom impressed by the "I've got to go now" crowd. Counter-statement: I've got a job to do, and I don't have the time to sit around and wait for everyone who comes to beg me to let them in so I have to start over again. Kids, okay - if I'm not halfway through with all the toilets covered in disinfectants you don't want on your skin. Adults, not happening. Turn to the back restrooms. Either way, kid or adult, once someone intrudes on me, I stay out of the bathroom until they're done. Then I have to start over again because you've undone all my work. So of course, I hate you. Because you deserve it.

And 2), I insist on using the family restroom for my own diabetic self as often as I can. Why? Because I'm gay. In a state like Idaho. If these would-be men here even think I'm looking at them . . .

Again, not happening. So no man gets into my bathroom while I'm cleaning it, no matter what, and I use the family restroom. Sorry, my right to escape gay-bashing and assault overrides your expections that I'm here to serve you. I'm not here to serve you. I'm here to clean up the messes you make! But then, I'm always wishing I could the tell consumers here "You can go straight to K-Mart!"

Maybe I need a new job?
                  Last edited by Kristev; 03-28-2011, 04:34 AM.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                    Maybe I need a new job?
                    Ah but you have valid reasons, whereas sounded like Douchebag McAsshat was actually *using* the loos & just being, well, an ass. Wait, I'm allowed to say that here right? :O
                    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                    What's the difference?
                    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

@Twinblade: Kudos to your little munchkin for managing to hold on! I'm glad you talked to the manager, hopefully they can sort it out for the future.

No one's ever made a fuss over Rugz taking our eldest (4) to the bathroom. He says that no one has even looked funny at them, even when they're just going into the bathroom to wash Jazzy's hands quickly.
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I was at a play with a now ex a few years ago that his aunt was in. During Intermission we went to the restrooms and the line for the womens' room was LONG.

so I just waltzed into the mens' room. I had to go, I didn't care. About gave one guy a heart attack when I did. Embarrassed the hell out of my BF too. XD

Then again, I'm the type that gets a kick out of making others slightly uncomfortable.

Comment

Indeed I was proud of her for holding it that long. She saw the guy at the store the other day and said in that voice only three year olds seem to have..."Daddy Look! There is the mean guy who wouldn't let me Pee!" He found another shelf to rearange quick. Lol
                          ~LSTYD~
                          Quote: Dalesys:
                          you may want to take a census of your brain squirrels... maybe one escaped?

Comment

Standing between me and the toilet when I really have to go is a good way to get knocked down. There is a point when emergency overrides manners. On the other hand, if the need is not that extreme, I will choose another restroom if the restroom is being cleaned or filthy.

This topic does bring up a pet peeve. I often have my daughter with me through the day. My wife works through the day, and I work at night. Why don't more public places have changing tables for babies in the men's rooms? It's sometimes a big pain in the ass for us dads to try to find a suitable place to change the baby's diapers.
                            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                              Why don't more public places have changing tables for babies in the men's rooms? It's sometimes a big pain in the ass for us dads to try to find a suitable place to change the baby's diapers.
                              I ran into the same thing a few times myself, although it seemed to become more rare towards the end of my son's diaper days. I would have thought by now that all the places would have them in both bathrooms. I didn't realize there were still some places that were stuck in the '50s.
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X