This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bagger-1 scammer-0

just got back from the store buying my coffee-they had revolution roast-squee(it's chocolaty-they also had bike fuel which is actually sweet for a dark roast-awesome coffee co-op sells it, fair trade you can check the bag codes to see what the farmers were paid-and they use an air roaster, so no burnt beans even at 470 degrees! Yes you can order it pm me for details if you want to know what company-why yes I do love my coffee....).

to script format Robin!

SC-sc/scammer(transaction completed-loading bags into cart)
    AC-awesome cashier
    B-scammer thwarting bagger

*cashier finishes ringing up my four items and I'm swiping my card to pay*

SC-"did I get my $10 cash back, I only have a five in my wallet?"
    AC-"well I gave you two fives"
    SC-" I only have one, as you can plainly see"*holds open wallet*"Are you sure you gave me my money?"
    AC-"well sir I'm positive I gave you two fives, I can call my supervisor to do a till count if you'd like"
    SC-"Well I only have one five-see, are you sure I got my money?"*holds empty wallet almost in AC's face with five in his hand* "I don't have it"
    B-*reaches into grocery bag pulls out five folded up inside receipt*"that would be because it's right here sir"
    SC-*snatches other five from bagger*"oh well that would explain it then"*stomps off*

And lest anyone think it was an "honest mistake", this store hands you any cash back on top of the printed side of the receipt, fanned out(it's policy-cashiers get written up for not doing so), the money in the bag was folded up inside the receipt on the blank side. The scammer had to separate the bills while AC was paying attention to me, slide one under the receipt, fold it up and put it in the bag-receipt was at the bottom of the bag so the bagger had to have witnessed the whole thing.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Oh my word. At least they got shot down.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

All that for five bucks? What a sleaze.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        All that for five bucks? What a sleaze.
        Five bucks here, five bucks there, next thing you know you're actually paying for very little.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

This is why I count the change out loud when handing it over.

When someone asks why I count, I say "I just love counting money."
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I'm assuming cashiers "fan out" the bills so the cameras see what change was given. Bet that isn't the first time for that scam.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              I'm assuming cashiers "fan out" the bills so the cameras see what change was given. Bet that isn't the first time for that scam.
              yup. Said store is also in a college area(24 hour store they get quite a hefty chunk of the after-bar crowd) and frequented by people that could be referred to as "transients"-not exactly homeless but living in shelters and halfway houses.
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

yep; barring a persistent scumbag, take the next route-till counting. usually discourages them completely.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                  And lest anyone think it was an "honest mistake", this store hands you any cash back on top of the printed side of the receipt, fanned out(it's policy-cashiers get written up for not doing so), the money in the bag was folded up inside the receipt on the blank side. The scammer had to separate the bills while AC was paying attention to me, slide one under the receipt, fold it up and put it in the bag-receipt was at the bottom of the bag so the bagger had to have witnessed the whole thing.
                  Also, if it was an honest mistake the SC would have been embarrassed and apologetic when the bagger showed them where the $5 bill was to. This SC even further proved their scammer traits when they stomped off tantrum style.

Comment

So much work for $5. If they put that much effort into their job or college, they'd be way ahead.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                    X