This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o_O Wow that escalated! Love it though!
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Awesomeness!! I say good for the little Granny!! I know it's not easy to see disabilities and some are hidden, but this SC proved what she was when she started flipping out right from the get go.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        "Stupidity is not a handicap! Do not park here!"
        Unfortunately, when people like the SC park their car in a disabled bay its the only time they ever put themselves in someone else's place.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Man! That Granny is awesome!!

Comment

Quoth terakhan View Post
            This is a special brand of stupid. Broke the law previously and got cited for it, failed to show at court (at least I think that is how a bench warrant gets issued), then breaks the law again, probably in the same way, and gets caught because he is too stupid to think anything of the cops being there.
            You can get a bench warrent for failure to pay the fine, even if you attended the court date... it really doesn't matter if you attend or not in traffic court. If you don't attend they just assume you are not protesting it and make it payable as written. If you do attend you may, or may not, get it reduced. Either way the bench warrent is not issued until you fail to pay the fines.

Source: Daddy was a state trooper
            "I've put in so many enigmas and puzzles that it will keep the professors busy for centuries arguing over what I meant, and that's the only way of insuring one's immortality."
            - James Joyce

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              I've never understood while people with active bench warrants or other warrants tend to continue doing stupid things to get themselves caught.

Of course, it's best to just pay your tickets or take responsibility, but if you're going to avoid the long hard dick of the law, don't do anything else illegal or anything to call attention to yourself. Sheesh.
              I too have wondered similar things. You hear of drug dealers and other baddies getting caught from something simple as a busted taillight. Carelessness is one thing, but laziness or forgetfulness is something else.

I heard one store of a guy wanted on charges of something. He was with his partner when their car broke down. The cops came by and gave them a lift to help them out, get them where they needed to go. One of them opened his mouth about finally being arrested for drug smuggling or something, but the cops had no idea until the one of the wanted men opened his mouth. Maybe that was paranoia.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                I've never understood while people with active bench warrants or other warrants tend to continue doing stupid things to get themselves caught.
                It was almost certainly that stupidity that led to them have warrants.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Oh and would you look at that. You got ANOTHER parking ticket! XD

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                    I too have wondered similar things. You hear of drug dealers and other baddies getting caught from something simple as a busted taillight.
                    Or by doing something actively stupid like speeding or running red lights. You'd think that if they were trying to hide something, they'd keep a low profile. Then again, I wonder how many drug dealers go without getting caught because they were smart enough to keep a low profile.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Why did I imagine a VW Bus all covered in hippy-type paint and symbols, with big bubbly letters across the front and sides and a custom license plate that all say "Karma"..?

Also, that granny wins. Please tell me people were cheering her on!
                      Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                        SC yells at Cop 1.
                        Cop 2 handcuffs SC.
                        SC screams "Why are you arresting me?"
                        Cop 2 says "There's a bench warrant out for you. Unpaid parking tickets."
                        Cop 1 and Cop 2 place SC in back of police car.
                        Granny flips SC off and does a little end-zone dance.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! That was awesome.
                        I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                          "Stupidity is not a handicap! Do not park here!"

One of My Favorites is

"Handicapped Parking Only. Violators will have their kneecaps broken and be issued a valid handicapped parking permit."
                          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
                          X