Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was the Crow, until I saw there wasn't any eye makeup.
    Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
    - Robert E. Howard

Comment

I've told this story before and I'll tell it again.

One day at Wal-Mart, when I had first gotten hired at the factory, went to buy some cheap steel toed slip proof shoes....

Shoes is by infants.

I hear a baby screaming at the top of its lungs. I walk by where the noise is coming from. An abandoned stroller. A baby all alone with a face as a red as a tomato is screaming bloody murder and wailing like a siren.

Where is 16 year old mommy? Her and her pregnant friend were over in junior's clothes (more than 10 feet away) talking and flirting up a storm with some skeezeball dirtbag. Mom takes a break from the flirting once every few seconds to glance back at baby having a freaking panic attack screaming its head off!

NICE!

Oh and for the record, add me to the group of people who want to mass-call people at 3 am and shriek "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I have found a link between SC's and SC's kids. Today I saw a SC kid whining to mommy to get him some cookies. The mom eventually gave in and got the cookies for the kid. If that is how the mom deals with he kid, she will do the same when she doesn't get her way.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          Oh and for the record, add me to the group of people who want to mass-call people at 3 am and shriek "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
          Ditto. XD See how they like it!
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            Where is 16 year old mommy? Her and her pregnant friend were over in junior's clothes (more than 10 feet away) talking and flirting up a storm with some skeezeball dirtbag. Mom takes a break from the flirting once every few seconds to glance back at baby having a freaking panic attack screaming its head off!
            !"
            I'd have gone to find security or a manager and tell them to call the police for an abandoned baby in the store.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

Better idea: Put the phone up to the smoke detector and press the "test" button.

Or have a whistle handy

Less wear and tear on the vocal cords
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Plus, remember all those people who think we should hang around after our shift finishes/the store closes just to serve them? We find out where they work, and what time they leave, and ring them up and keep them on the phone for half an hour. XD
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Or have a whistle handy
                  Ever hear one of those "Storm" whistles for those who are lost in the wilderness and trying to attract attention/rescuers? Loud enough to wake the dead IMO.

Just perfect for those morning phone calls.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    OMG! It's Marilyn Manson!
                    Not the first time I've heard that one, lol. So fun when you live in the buckle of the bible belt.
                    If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

I will try to repress the temptation to break into a certain Marilyn Manson song right now. XD I dress a bit gothicky, but my emphasis is more on eyeliner rather than lipstick; and I never call myself a goth, cuz I'm not.

*back on topic*

I think some of these parents think that if they ignore their child's screeches, they'll shut up. Think Dr Spock came up with that one.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

What I really hate is hearing a kid whining while I'm shopping at my 24/7 Wal-Mart and the "parent" yelling at him to be quiet. Okay, dumbass, that kid needs to be at home and in bed, not in the store at 10 pm. There is nothing in the store that you have to get that can't wait until the morning, when the kid has had a full night's sleep and a full breakfast in his belly.

And I still want to smack one of the local gaming store's regulars for bringing a two-week-old infant to the store and expecting it not to cry. The Yu-Gi-Oh mutants were in full force that day. They were screaming, shouting, running around, and just being obnoxious. And she was surprised that the baby started crying and wouldn't stop with all these kids shouting and screaming around her. She took her daughter to the bathroom, hoping to that would calm the baby down. Nope. The baby continued to wail. Finally, I looked straight at the bathroom door and stated in my eerily calm "do what I say or else" voice: "Take her home." A minute later, the dumb bimbo was carrying her spawn out to the car and I haven't seen her since. This is the kind of chick that will have a baby just to prove she can accomplish something. 5 years down the road, I fully expect to hear that CPS has taken them away.
                        A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
                        X