Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye for now! (hopefully temporary)

Today's my last day at my mom's apt. At the advice of my caseworker, I'm going to a homeless shelter today in order to obtain what they call a "homeless certificate." According to her, once I obtain one, it should be easier, supposedly, to place me into a group home or similar, though I'll probably still be on a waiting list.

I'll still check in here from time to time if I can, as the library downtown has internet access (or so I'm led to believe), so I'll check in when I can. Hopefully this will be a step to better things, as I can't take much more of it getting worse.

Goodbye for now, CSers, and hopefully I'll be back soon!

Good luck! Do try and stay in touch and let us know how you are doing!
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My thoughts are with you. Please keep in touch when you can. Hugs sent your way

Comment

What they said. Good luck, kiddo!

Comment

Be safe. Come back to is soon.

Comment

Best of luck, and take care. Hope you're back on your feet soon.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Good luck to you! Hope you can drop in here from time to time, and I hope your situation improves before long.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I wish you the best, and are able to get things in order asap. Good luck. You can do it.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

/hugs

Good luck working with the system.

Comment

Oh, geez. I'm sorry. I don't live there anymore, but that's my hometown.

The Main branch (on 7th) does have fairly good internet access, and I think the computer terminals are on the 1st and 2nd floors, IIRC.

What shelter are you at? Drop In in Over the Rhine area? (if you don't want to answer publicly you can PM).
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Peppergirl's correct, I'm currently at the Drop-Inn center, entering my 2nd day/night. I attempted another shelter Sunday, but they had no beds available, and by the time I tried the Drop-Inn, curfew had already passed, so my sister put me up for the night in a motel. As for why I'm not staying with her, she has no room in her house, plus she's paranoid about the infestation from my mom's apt. I have all new clothes in a duffel bag and am trying to take it day by day, though it's rough. I'll try to check in when I can though my schedule's pretty full for now, what with trying to get proper paperwork so I can stay longer term. Library puter's almost out of time, so gotta go!

Comment

Oh, geez. Well, the Drop-In is at least a roof, if nothing else. How did things go at Talbert? I just caught up on your other thread that said you'd had an appointment there. I know a few people who have received help from them.

The only other ones I can think off of the top of my head are Goodwill housing out there in Norwood (right near the Montgomery road exit off Cross County highway) and there also used to be one in Mt. Airy. Have you checked into those? I think they're transitional and not permanent, but would be a good deal better than Drop-In.

I'll keep searching my memory for others...continue to keep us posted.

PS - what part of town is your sis in? Maybe there's one near her that you could crash in so that at least you'd be closer to the family, especially if it's on the Metro line.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Not sure when you'll have a chance to read this, den, but best of luck to you. You can get through this.

Speaking from first hand experience, stay at it with your Caseworker, fulfill any requirements she, and/or the Shelter may impose upon you, go to any and all appointments and required meetings, and show her/them you are interested in getting back into permanent housing, and this transition should go a lot more smoothly. Plus, keeping "busy" with all that keeps your mind occupied, and away from going into depression.

Don't be afraid to ask for help from them, and friends/family in whatever way they are able to help, (tough, I know, I still have trouble asking for help), and certainly don't be afraid, or ashamed, to accept help that's offered.

Take Care,
                          Mike
                          Meow.........

Comment

Update: spoke with a lady upstairs at the Drop-Inn and she's of the opinion I might be able to get into a shelter just a couple blocks away called Tender Mercies because of my mental issues. Maybe being the operative word here. And she's trying to assign me a different caseworker there that can guide me thru the SSI app process. Other than that, I'm waiting on my food stamp card and my paperwork should be complete, other than a utility bill I somehow need to provide, but since the utility was in my mom's name and I've never had an account with them, they say there's nothing for them to send. ugh!

If anybody wants my FB page URL, feel free to PM me. TTFN!

Comment

UPDATE!!!

As of today I'm accepted into Tender Mercies! However, I'm on a waiting list, and am #1 on the list!

Comment

Working...
                              X