Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storybrooke Is Frozen (Once Upon A Time Spoiler Zone)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storybrooke Is Frozen (Once Upon A Time Spoiler Zone)

The new episode isn't on here for another half hour, but I finally saw last week's episode of Once. Overall, I did like it, but my thoughts and emotions are all over the place in regards to various things.

The tie-in to Frozen, I couldn't care less about aside from some minor annoyance at the obvious and shameless attempt at a ratings grab. I do like Anna, though. She's adorable. Also, I love that she was apparently in the Enchanted Forest when the Curse hit. When I realized that, there was much clapping and 'Oh dude! 'ing.

The whole thing with Regina aggravates me. I understand that old habits die hard, but damn. How many more seasons are we going to have to endure the storyline of 'Regina's lack of people skills and long history of poor decision making is coming back to bite her in the ass, so she makes even *more* bad decisions'?

(PS- The CGI has vastly improved. The green screen usage hasn't.)
    (PPS- Everything to do with Belle and/or Rumple was freakin' amazing.)
    Last edited by firecat88; 10-06-2014, 12:45 AM.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Well, we have to have a villain, and let's face it: Elsa really isn't much of a villain. She's an antagonist in as much as her interests cross with that of our protagonists, but she's not really evil or malicious. Just fearful and desperate.

I think they're finally going to wrap up Regina's issues this season (which may be the last if it isn't better than last season, which was very disappointing). Regina herself hinted at it: the Book's purpose is to give the happy ending, and Regina managed to move away from being the villain to earning a happy ending of her own. It'll be interesting to see if she can make it.

Glad to see the Magic Mirror back, and it may tie into the main story line in unanticipated ways. Don't read the original Hans Christian Anderson story unless you like spoilers.

It's good to see Rumple trying to make better decisions. I'm glad he gave the dagger back to Belle, even if he did "borrow it" to reveal the magic hat. Can't wait to find out what that's about since he's my favorite character.

I agree the Frozen tie in is nothing more than unashamed greed to pull in viewers. I don't care. I loved the movie and so far I'm enjoying the new season. I'm watching episode 2 as we speak . . . so far, pretty good.

Edit: Ok finished watching. GREAT episode.

And now we're being introduced to the real villain of the season. Not the silly Bo Peep, thank god. Goof ball character. Though she may end up as muscle for the real villain later.

No, it's the Snow Queen. Not sure who she is yet; but the original Hans Christian Anderson story cast the Snow Queen as a clear villain in the story. It looks like the writers are pitting the characters of Frozen vs the Snow Queen of the original story.

And that could be very, very cool. Pun intended
    Last edited by Sapphire Silk; 10-06-2014, 01:52 AM. Reason: Updated entry
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Honestly when it looked like they wanted regina to be the villain again I just stopped caring about the show. I mean she didn't even really struggle with the decision she went straight to murder, time traveling murder. I know it seems like she might have recanted but still. I might try to catch up later but honestly I'll just go watch sleepy hollow and agents of shield for now.
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
      X