Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black humor about a boneheaded move from a hospital.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black humor about a boneheaded move from a hospital.

On Friday, our best friend was doing something with his home made black powder cannon, misfired and ended up getting his right index finger amputated. I know, horrible, but it could have been so much worse.

So, we called 911 and off he went in an ambulance for surgery. He was released the next day to us because he's not married and doesn't have any family.

They sent him home missing the index finger on his dominate hand (the dressing looks like he's wearing a baseball glove), with antibiotics and pain meds. Which had child proof caps!!!

I know I shouldn't be laughing about this, but its really funny if you have a warped sense of humor like mine.

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
    Black humor about a boneheaded move from a hospital.
    Sounds more like it's black powder humor! Eh? EH?!

...I'll show myself out.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

His pharmacy might have an option to decline the childproof caps. I know the one I used to use did, but I'm not sure if all do. It might be worth looking into.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

The day I got my wisdom teeth out I was sitting in the kitchen with the roommate and my aunt [who had driven me to and from the dentist] and tried to drink something. Well everything from my upper lip to my chin was numb, and I spit what I had in my mouth over me AND the roommate. All of us were laughing so hard we peed ourselves.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

The pharmacy BF uses has caps that are child proof if they're put on one way, but not childproof if you put them on upside down. I think you have to request those caps though. It's worth asking.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Locks the door after kicking Jay out.

The pharmacy probably did have those double sided caps, but our friend had just gotten his finger cut off and was still very loopy from the drugs. Of course he didn't think to ask for them. I just thought that it was pretty boneheaded that nobody at the hospital would have thought to do it for him.

All is good, he's got enough meds to last him until he gets the dressings removed and by then he will refuse to take any more pain meds.

Probably one of the reasons I was laughing about this is because I was so mad at him. Yes, I was worried and sad, but I've been nagging him about playing around with home made black powder boomers for years. At least he didn't put his eye out.

While he was getting surgery, I was so mad that I cleaned out our closet!!! How's that for hardcore?

Android, your story made me laugh as well. What else can you do but laugh when something like that happens?

Comment

My pharmacy (Voldemart -- mostly because I tend to run out on weekends and I live in a small enough town that nobody else will be open) will give you childproof caps, but only with a little signed release form from you; easy peasy, but I can certainly understand the CYOA aspect of it.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                The day I got my wisdom teeth out I was sitting in the kitchen with the roommate and my aunt [who had driven me to and from the dentist] and tried to drink something. Well everything from my upper lip to my chin was numb, and I spit what I had in my mouth over me AND the roommate. All of us were laughing so hard we peed ourselves.
                When I had mine out I spent the whole drive home trying to ask my mom how I had gotten my coat on, since I had taken it off when they put me under and I woke up with it on. Yes, I know I had put it on while still somewhat under twilight sleep. Anyway, I thought it was hysterical that I couldn't talk right.

Then when I got home I tried to take a pain pill, because they had told me to take it before the pain started. And I couldn't feel my tongue. Yeah, that was also funny, but messy.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

When I had my wisdom teeth out, my grandmother didn't have Alzheimer's yet. She came and picked me up from the dentist. When they sat me up, I threw up all over. My grandmother didn't want to take me home because she had just bought a new car. So I rode home with a plastic bag tucked around my ears.

I didn't throw up again. :/
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                    While he was getting surgery, I was so mad that I cleaned out our closet!!! How's that for hardcore?
                    Scared of you...

Comment

You SHOULD be scared of me Ben Who! I'm a total badass!!! I've been visiting our friend every day and it took me a week before I would talk to him. I'd bring him food, clean his litter boxes, feed his dogs and I cleaned out his kitchen cupboards.

I'll bet he's so scared of me that he will never blow off another finger again.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                        When I had mine out I spent the whole drive home trying to ask my mom how I had gotten my coat on, since I had taken it off when they put me under and I woke up with it on. Yes, I know I had put it on while still somewhat under twilight sleep. Anyway, I thought it was hysterical that I couldn't talk right.

Then when I got home I tried to take a pain pill, because they had told me to take it before the pain started. And I couldn't feel my tongue. Yeah, that was also funny, but messy.
                        I still remember when I had mine out, they knocked me out, but failed to mention that they'd ALSO be numbing my entire mouth. So I woke up, having had all 4 out, mouth packed with cotton, and numb. Then the nurse comes in with two giant pain horsepills for me to take. Really? and I'm supposed to swallow those how?

Comment

Working...
                        X