This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
    My wife dragged me, kicking and screaming (almost) to a Very Expensive Cultural Theater Event. Despite several announcements that cell phones must be turned off. one of the morons in front of me kept messing with his phone. When I pointed out to him that he was disturbing us, he turned around and threatened to beat us up for bothering him.

...And of course by the time the usher came around, the phone was put away. (But not off!)
    Hubby and I went to a performance at the theater on campus by a famous pianist. At the beginning they made a clear announcement about no cell phones, no photography, no recordings, especially no flash photography, etc. Cue the first half of the performance and Hubby and I spotting the telltale red light of a camera up on the balcony behind the stage (the balcony in this particular hall was full-circle) as someone up there kept "surreptitiously" taking photos. We didn't get the chance to mention it to someone at the performance hall, but I did notice that the sneaky photographer wasn't there for the second half.

I mean, it's one thing if the performer actually encourages you take a photo (which the pianist did later, during the second half at one specific point), but it's quite another if you're just flaunting the rules because you think they don't apply to you.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Many eons ago I went to a professional puppet (marionette) show. As expected they said not photography. This was pre-digital cameras so I had a film camera with me. After the show I asked politely if I could take some pictues of the puppets. The artist said yes and I had a short private show of the puppets while I took pictures.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Hubby and I have an unfortunate habit of talking during movies. So we've decided to either go to the drive-in or just wait for the DVD.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
          So we've decided to either go to the drive-in

Drive-ins STILL exist out there???????? WOW
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Sadly, the children at the latest Star Wars were the best behaved. There was laughter, and gasps, and even some clapping, but no annoying chatter. It was the adults who were assholes. Thought I was going to have to square off in the middle of the theatre w this one douche. My sis was mortified, of course.

Comment

There are a few drive ins. Mostly in the smaller cities. Hasn't been an option since we lost the car tho.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                Drive-ins STILL exist out there???????? WOW

I think there's still one in my area, although it's not in this part of the city.

Comment

We have a couple of drive ins.

Saw the 3rd Harry Potter film at one of them with Hubs actually.
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

At least one drive-in within a reasonable distance of Sacramento, CA.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Re: drive-ins, we've got two within 20 minutes. Haven't been to either one yet. Threatening the wife with a drive-in "date" as soon as it warms up a bit.

One other thing, in fact, just registered to share my vintage white whine: Went to see Skyfall opening week, and some douchebag with a bluetooth was narrating the whole thing to some pal offsite.

I now only go to theaters that announce anti-douchebag measures. That way if someone ruins the show I can at least have a reasonable expectation of getting a refund without getting shot trying to shush some inconsiderate stranger.
                      Last edited by MadMike; 01-18-2016, 05:03 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts

Comment

According to a website I found, there are 10 or so drive-ins still operating in the state of Michigan.

There was one in Grand Rapids that got converted to a drive-in church for a while after it stopped operating.
                        "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

We have a drive-in here too...went and saw minions there. I like Alamo Drafthouse's response to talkers, cell phone users and their ilk.

Comment

Please elaborate?
                            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                              Please elaborate?
                              Alamo doesn't mess around: NSFW:https://youtu.be/1L3eeC2lJZs
                              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
                                We have a drive-in here too...went and saw minions there. I like Alamo Drafthouse's response to talkers, cell phone users and their ilk.
                                My state is down to 4 open drive-ins and they are closed for the winter season. Closest one to me is roughly 45 minutes away and it re-opens in March.
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X