This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dendawg View Post
    No doubt! Some waitresses would give their right boob () for a tip percentage like that.
    I would gladly give that tip if that was what was on offer....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Now I'm going to share the story about the time I tipped %200 at a diner while I was traveling. I walked in carrying a book and a jacket. The first waitress started walking me to a table and another one showed up and told the first one that she wasn't paying attention and that I didn't want that table and started showing me to a different one.

OK, whatever, I followed her while the first waitress argued with her a little because nobody wanted that table because it was too hot. Second waitress told her that I had a book so wanted light and that I was carrying a jacket because I thought I'd get cold.

$10 dinner. $20 tip.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        Now I'm going to share the story about the time I tipped %200 at a diner while I was traveling. I walked in carrying a book and a jacket. The first waitress started walking me to a table and another one showed up and told the first one that she wasn't paying attention and that I didn't want that table and started showing me to a different one.

OK, whatever, I followed her while the first waitress argued with her a little because nobody wanted that table because it was too hot. Second waitress told her that I had a book so wanted light and that I was carrying a jacket because I thought I'd get cold.

$10 dinner. $20 tip.
        That's some Sherlock Holmes level of deduction right there.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          It paid off for her AND hopefully helped demonstrate to the first waitress that single book-carrying customers aren't a bad thing.

Comment

It paid off for her AND hopefully helped demonstrate to the first waitress that single book-carrying customers aren't a bad thing.
            When my mom comes to visit we go out to eat at several different places. She always notices people by themselves with a book. She's not being negative, but she says where she lives (my hometown) she almost NEVER sees people eat alone. And when she does see someone it is usually a guy. So she thinks it's pretty awesome that in this town there isn't such negativity attached to eating alone. I don't know why waitstaff would automatically think it's bad...
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              When my mom comes to visit we go out to eat at several different places. She always notices people by themselves with a book. She's not being negative, but she says where she lives (my hometown) she almost NEVER sees people eat alone. And when she does see someone it is usually a guy. So she thinks it's pretty awesome that in this town there isn't such negativity attached to eating alone. I don't know why waitstaff would automatically think it's bad...
              Single patron = small check. If you are a jerk waiter, it means you get paid a little less for that table.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                Single patron = small check. If you are a jerk waiter, it means you get paid a little less for that table.
                On the other hand, single patron=easy table (hopefully) so if you're a good waiter, it means you get paid a little extra for only a little extra effort.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  On the other hand, single patron=easy table (hopefully) so if you're a good waiter, it means you get paid a little extra for only a little extra effort.
                  Not to mention the fact that a big table might leave a metric ton of mess (especially if some of the patrons are under the age of ten) with a measly or non existent tip. A friend of mine who used to be a waitress always hated large parties with small children, cuz that nearly always meant loads of work rushing around doing drink refills, a gargantuan mess to clean up afterwards (including, once, a used nappy dumped under a chair) and often, no tip or just a couple of pounds. She much preferred couples or people dining alone, as it didn't matter if she got a small tip, she didn't have to rush around like a blue arsed fly or clean up for hours after.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    And I can tell you what kind of Sherlock Holmes deduction it was - Elementary, my dear Watson.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X