Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another genius (break out the popcorn)

While I don't enjoy being awakened in the middle of the night, I have to admit they put on a good show. This is occurring literally outside my bedroom window.

Some graduate of Google Law School (who can't be more than 20 and whose friends were running around the lawn screaming in a drunken frenzy a few minutes ago) is now arguing with a cop. His case seems to be that Officer Friendly can't do anything to them because they live at this complex. Oohhhhkaaayyy....

The cops went into the complex looking for the rest of the Screaming Seven (noise ordinance violation, standing permission to enter from the complex itself, combined with probable underage drinking) and now that's "invasion of privacy." Oh, looks like he is playing his trump card, he's calling Mommy.

Interestingly, my dog, who usually starts yapping at the first hint of an unfamiliar voice, was totally silent through all this. Not that I have any illusions the little fuzzbutt is going to do anything to protect us. Not unless some nafarious individual trying to get in and out undetected got scared off by his "oh hi PLAY WITH ME" barking, which is possible but I'm not counting on it.
    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 01-29-2016, 08:53 AM.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

He's calling his mommy?

Officer Friendly is now DOOMED!

Keep us updated amused...

Comment

Maybe he thinks his apartment is part of Petoria (http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Petoria ) and therefore not subject to the laws covering the rest of the apartment complex?

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        The cops went into the complex looking for the rest of the Screaming Seven...
        Is this the prequel to The Hateful Eight?

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          Is this the prequel to The Hateful Eight?
          They didn't have to call THEIR mommies.

Comment

What's mommy going to do? Ugh.

On a side note, my kids have been instructed that if they're ever detained by police they're to clamp their mouth shut except to respectfully tell the officer that they will cooperate, but as they are minors, they need to call their parent first, and then to simply wait patiently until I arrive. This advise has come in handy once. A douche bag cop was trying to bully a group of my oldest son's friends and DS said something to the effect of "Sir, I'm a minor, so I need to call my mother, but I can wait patiently wherever you instruct me to until she can get here." The cop sized him up and decided that a kid that well spoken probably got it from somewhere and left the whole group alone. From what I can gather from the kids and a few adults who were nearby (because my kid did call me wanting a ride home), they weren't doing anything wrong, except being a little on the loud side in a public park in the middle of the day, which I don't think is illegal.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
              they weren't doing anything wrong, except being a little on the loud side in a public park in the middle of the day, which I don't think is illegal.
              Ah, but they were teenagers being maybe a tad disruptive, so that makes them hooligans, and that means they're going to resort to such atrocities as cow-tipping or mooning people or something and we can't have that now, can we?

Growing up I never understood why some towns felt the need to pass laws setting curfews for teenagers. The small town I grew up in never had any. Teenagers could be out as late as their parents allowed and their driver's licenses permitted (depending on who was giving rides to whom).
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Dating myself here...but once I got arrested for stuffing a phone booth. It was very exciting, the store owner called the cops and we were all excited about getting into a cop car, so we stuffed that as well. Poor cops had to deal with a whole bunch of stupid teenagers wanting to get handcuffed.

Parents were called. Cops put all of us in a holding cell because there wasn't room in the lobby.

The official reason was "inciting a riot". We weren't charged or anything, but I'm still proud after all those years

Comment

No updates, I haven't seen The Amazing Drunko since. Yesterday, though, the same group or another one (I think it was another one, they looked older than 20) was outside talking loud at 1am. Hubby had a cold n was grouchy, pulled back the shade, and told them "People do live here and we can hear you!" The look on one guy's face was a perfect non-verbal "holy shit!" Our bedroom window is adjacent to a building doorway and I think they forgot people were on the other side of the glass. Next time there is a conversation going on I plan to leave the shade down and just start offering unsolicited advice. I can be heard j st as well as I can here them, but to them it will be a disembodied buttinsky. Which has to be at least a bit unnerving.
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                    Cops put all of us in a holding cell because there wasn't room in the lobby.
                    So you also got to stuff a holding cell?
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                    X