Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two short-sleeve polo shirts, two long-sleeve shirts, and two smocks for work. Company policy dictates that we must tuck in the shirts if we are not wearing the smocks at work, but it's not required if we're wearing the smocks. So, I wear one of the smocks to work every day because I don't tuck in a shirt if I don't have to. I prefer comfort over looks any day. Sometimes I don't have time to wash either smock, and they will get to stinking after a week or two even though I always wear one of the polo shirts underneath it. Plus, they get dirty or get stuff spilled on them between washings. I don't always think to wash them when I do laundry because I only have two smocks. So, I sometimes just give them a good shower of Febreeze or whatever smell good spray I may be using at the time if we have no Febreeze.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Killer Bees View Post
      I really hate it when people sneeze multiple times in quick succession. I don't know why it annoys me, but it does. I've been known to offer them a tissue and encourage them to blow their noses when they have a few seconds between explosions.

Now, normally I'm a tolerant person....well, actually, I'm not THAT tolerant, but I can usually ignore stuff if I know it's going to piss me off.

But the sneezing thing...forget it.
      You don't want to get near me in hayfever season then, I can do 7 or 8 in a row if I get a good wiff of pollen. Or perfume, so I'm totally with the objection to bucket loads of perfume on people.

Comment

I work as a bagger for a local grocery store, and I always try to greet the customers before I ask them for their bag preference. What really irks me is when people don't even let me finish my greeting before saying "Paper", or "Plastic". Also, when I ask you "Paper or plastic?", don't just say "A bag". I know you mean paper, but bags also come in plastic. Just annoys me.
        DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
        Nicholas Angel: Like who?
        DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
        Nicholas Angel: Who else?
        DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

Okay, new one. Attention Bookstore Customers:

h) If you are buying more than 1 greeting card, LEARN HOW TO PREPARE THEM FOR CHECKOUT.

That is: face down, barcode up, tucked under the envelope flap.
          That is NOT: Face up, without the envelope or IN the envelope (seriously, how the hell am I supposed to scan it?).

If you are buying 15 cards and all of them are facing the wrong way, you've just changed a 1 minute transaction to a 5 minute transaction. And don't you DARE be impatient.

i) Do not organize your **** in front of the counter after we're done. Move to the side. We are busy. I understand that you like to have your wallet and backpack in order - so do I. But there are only 2 cashiers and 10 people in line. GET. OUT. OF. THE. WAY. Then take as long as you need.
          Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
          {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

I would get annoyed at the people who think there is some magic way for me to stop my carts and are too lazy to turn out of the way and then glare at me if i thought they would complain to management. tonight there was a bitch who was too lazy to watch where she was pushing her cart with her daughter sitting in it, and I saw her, so i went slow, but she kept going straight, possibly even turned towards my carts, then turned away at the last second with a shocked/scared/angry all at the same time look on her face. I did my part, I turned tight to the wall, as she was away from the wall, and if she's too stupid to pay attention that's her own fault. I'm sure the majority of my managers wouldn't do much, and the store manager is a former courtesy clerk, so i'm sure I could find some empathy somewhere along the line

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
              I would get annoyed at the people who think there is some magic way for me to stop my carts and are too lazy to turn out of the way and then glare at me if i thought they would complain to management. tonight there was a bitch who was too lazy to watch where she was pushing her cart with her daughter sitting in it, and I saw her, so i went slow, but she kept going straight, possibly even turned towards my carts, then turned away at the last second with a shocked/scared/angry all at the same time look on her face. I did my part, I turned tight to the wall, as she was away from the wall, and if she's too stupid to pay attention that's her own fault. I'm sure the majority of my managers wouldn't do much, and the store manager is a former courtesy clerk, so i'm sure I could find some empathy somewhere along the line
              Don't you make like...a lot of noise with those?
              Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
              {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

Fast Food Customers:

When I'm taking your order, don't lean so close I can see the tartar on your teeth as you dictate exactly what you don't want on your whopper, which turns out to be absolutely nothing. Unless you have tic-tacs and you're an awesome kisser, get out of my comfort zone.

Also, don't get mad at me if your son already has that toy and the one he wanted we already sold out two weeks ago when we started the promotion...I have no leftovers, take it or leave it.

We sell milkshakes not ice cream, no we don't have ice cream...yes we have the oreo sundae shake but it's still a milkshake...only with cookie crumbs and whipped cream with syrup on the top...hence the "sundae" part...no it's not the same thing, ice cream is thicker and milkshake is more liquid...I'm not trying to be a smart ass Ma'am, I'm just telling it like it is.

But what do I know about my own food even though I've been working there for 3 years?

I'll probably have more a later time.

Comment

Quoth MrDelirious View Post
                  i) Do not organize your **** in front of the counter after we're done. Move to the side. We are busy. I understand that you like to have your wallet and backpack in order - so do I. But there are only 2 cashiers and 10 people in line. GET. OUT. OF. THE. WAY. Then take as long as you need.
                  How many stores actually have a place to do this? I've never seen one.

Paco Underhill noted that this si something that is needed in the '70s and stores still haven't heeded it.
                  Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

I, personally, have never understood why people have their wallets/money/cards stored in such a way that they require "organizing" after their done with the transaction.

Besides facing the bills in my change (during the rare times that I use cash), it takes me all of two seconds to get myself together and out from in front of the counter.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X