Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it bad that I have the Read or Die theme on my MP3 player?

Makes me kinda wish I worked where you worked... none of my co-workers are cool enough to immediately make an anime/manga connection like that. Of course, they're all accountants...
    Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
      "Did you let in Yomiko Readman?"
      Wasn't me <_<

I haven't dropped that much cash on books offline in a while. Online however...

Comment

If I lived near you I'd say you had dealt with me. When it comes to books- and cheap ones- I will just BUY. Bought two today. Will probably buy a few in a week, with my next paycheque.

I probably spend about £40-£50 a month on books.
        I now have a reward card for a bookshop near me. Will earn points quite fast I think...
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I'm not allowed in any bookstore, alone, with my purse.

The library, on the other hand, I only get a time limit, or I'd be there all day, like when I was in HS.
          Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            BOOKS FOR A DOLLAR??!! Where? Anything good? I'll be right there! *runs*
            Me too!

Darn pesky Atlantic Ocean.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
              There was a girl that looked like Nenene Sumiregawa in Travel.
              Well, there you go then.

And I'm sure that Joker was enjoying it all. Too bad SO just loaned out all his R.O.D. to his brother. Dang it all.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I'm a bibliophile. I have over 4,000 books and most of them are at my mother's house. When I moved out of my sister's place (I lived with her through college), I was forced to leave behind my newest book acquisition....

When we got married, my husband made me promise I can't walk into a book store by myself ..and if I do, I can't have any mone in my hand.

If I walk in without supervision and with the checkbook, there goes rent money.

:P
                "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

I just gotta know, what is sucky about it? If I wasn't living on unemployment, I would have bought some books. This past year, I started reading more and more. I hated it in School.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                    Double extra fudge brownie points for successfully applying a Read or Die reference to a real life situation.

The most expensive book I've purchased recently is the Tibetan Book of the Dead for about $70ish if I remember right. It sits on my coffee now, mocking me. It is a large, scary tomb and not really the easiest read thus far ( What Buddhist text is though. ). But still its hard to resist having a book of the dead in the house.
                    I see, so you start taking action instead of just driving people nuts....
                    http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                    Melody Gardot

Comment

Working...
                    X