X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We're Closed! You cant get out!"

Hey guys,
    Long time lurker, thought I'd post my first story. It happened tonight actually on the late night shopping shift.

Bit of background, I work at a well known Australian department store. There are about 600 people who work in our store. In the middle of the ground floor we have elevators that go down to the lower car parks.

The store was closing and all of us employees have to go out the side entrance to get out of the store. I was signing out my keys at security, when this young couple starts walking in.

R: Security guard
    G: Girl

R: You cant come in, we're closed guys
    G: ohh, we just need to go down the escalators to get to the carpark
    R: You cant, its all closed off.

The girl goes totally nuts and storms out. I mean, what did she expect? Our store is not a thoroughfare! (Although during the day it feels like it)

Yeah, I know my first story kinda sucked, but its late. Got heaps more to come Im sure!

First off,

So, they just wanted to take a quick shortcut through your closed and locked up store to get to the elevator down to the parking garage?

Maybe next time she'll get there a little earlier, although I'm sure walking around won't kill her, either.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My Mum works in a department store (possibly the same one as you? Starts with "M."). They have displays set up all over the place, many with breakable items, yet the number of people who take their trolleys through there to get to the carpark is insane! She tells me many SC stories (mostly about childrenswear, which she manages) but I'm waiting for one were an SC knocks over a wine glass display and abandons the trolley to RUN!
      Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
      Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
      <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        I'm sure walking around won't kill her, either.
        Oh, but her majesty might break a sweat if she has to do that!

I second the welcome to CS! You first story did not suck at all. That lady sounded like she has some serious entitlement issues.
        Last edited by Tito; 10-19-2007, 02:14 AM.
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

@ sarahj: yeah I work at myer. its fun lol (sometimes)
          actually I guess Im pretty grateful to be working at all since before Myer I couldnt find a job for about 6 months!
          @ tito: yeah she was a bit of a b*tch. We call them "cards" (people that either dont purchase anything or make us explain everything about the product, only for them to nick off to kmart and buy it there!)

Comment

Hey!

New people unite! Welcome to CS, I am a fellow lurker-now-new-person.

You sure work in a big department store if 600 people are there. That sounds more like a Mall.

It's kind of funny how people think that is places are closed, they're still allowed to go in and through it. Maybe they need a lengthy explanation on just what it means to be closed and why you're protecting your merchandise by not letting her through. =P

Comment

Working...
            X