This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable ranty worker

So I had to pop into the mart of wal super suck center with my three year old daughter yesterday. As we walk in the doors she tells me she has to go potty. She is finally keeping her panties clean most days so when she tells me she has to go i take her quick, but as we walk into the bathrooms in the front of the store, a worker who was standing at the urinal starts yelling that i can't bring my kid in to the men's room because they have a "family restroom" in the back of the store, then stands in front of my daughter and I (thankfully he zipped up first) and blocks the way to the empty stalls. I said excuse me and he just keeps screaming about the family bathroom in the back of the store and blocking the way. Finally i get fed up and just walk back out and go to the back where the "family bathroom" is located, it is in use. So i ended up taking her into the men's room in the back of the store so that she could do the deed.

*Bonus suckage*
    When we walked back out of the mens room the family rest room opens back up, it was another worker alone in it.
    Last edited by Twinblade; 03-17-2011, 09:02 PM.
    ~LSTYD~
    Quote: Dalesys:
    you may want to take a census of your brain squirrels... maybe one escaped?

What a tool!

Comment

Did you complain to management? The point of family restrooms is for the sake of the customer, as some customers do not feel comfortable taking their child, especially of opposite gender, into the main restroom. Even if the company has a policy of asking that people use the family restroom in such cases, especially for older kids, it is ridiculous to ask someone with a three year old to leave the restroom they are already in to go to the back of the store. That's right at the age of no more diapers, but high accident risks. If it was somehow a company policy (which I doubt) then the store needs to know there are customers who don't like it.

If that employee was the one assigned to clean-up any "spills" found around the store, I bet he wouldn't have been so quick to kick you out of the restroom.

Comment

They can't tell you what restrooms to use! Should have reported that idiot to management right away.

Comment

I can understand telling you that they have a family restroom, but if a kid that age has to go sometimes they have to go really soon, and he really shouldn't have prevented you from using that restroom, especially as they only have one family restroom.

Comment

And then there are the places, such as my workplace, that don't have family restrooms.

I have no problem with children of the "wrong" sex being in the restroom if they're accompanied by a parent of the "right" sex. Sometimes diaper blowouts and the like happen and there's no better option than that.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I probably would have reported both of them, the first one for acting unprofessional (screaming at a customer as well as being an well, you know) and the second one for using up the family restroom since I am assuming it's meant to be use by customers only. Also why didn't they also have "family" restroom in the front of the store and just the back. The only thing I can think of is they didn't have enough room for a 3rd bathroom.

I'm wondering if the first employee sees a mother/grandmother bring her young son/grandson into the women's restroom that he too would try to do the same thing and try to prevent them from entering. I mean I have seen little boys with their mothers/grandmothers (or who ever is taking care of them) in the women's restroom all the time. I don't remember anyone getting upset about it either since it's been done for decades.
              Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
              My space
              Facebook

Comment

when a little kid tells you 'gotta go potty,' you get them to the potty now now NOW. what a nitwit.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Now that I think about it, I see a lot more moms bringing their boys into the lady's room then dads bringing their girls into the men's room. Mostly, I see the dads usher the child into the lady's room then stand outside, which always earns them the stink-eye from any woman going into the restroom afterwards! Never thought about it before.

It was really wrong of that employee to yell; I'm assuming there was a stall with a toilet in the men's room? It's not like anyone was going to see anything. Super unprofessional, the both of them!
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth rdp78 View Post
                    and the second one for using up the family restroom since I am assuming it's meant to be use by customers only.
                    I know your concern is coming from a good place, but I don't agree with this. This is basically saying an employee doesn't have the same bathroom privileges of a customer. There are many reasons an employee might use the family restroom. Perhaps the "main" bathroom was being cleaned when the employee entered. Or perhaps it was truly nasty. Maybe he/she had to take medication or otherwise needed/wanted the privacy of the family bathroom.

But I would still complain about the first employee.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                      when a little kid tells you 'gotta go potty,' you get them to the potty now now NOW
                      Yeah, especially if they're like my son was at that age, and tend to hold it as long as they possibly can. I had this argument with him so many times:

Me: You haven't peed all day. Go to the potty!
                      Him: I don't have to go!
                      Me: Go in there and try.
                      Him: I don't have to go!
                      Me: Go in there and try, now!
                      Him: Fine! (Stomps off into the bathroom, and next thing I know, it sounds like a waterfall in there. So much for not having to go.)

Since I was a single father for awhile, if my son had been born a girl, I would have had to deal with the same situation. The only time I ever got bent out of shape about guys bringing their little girls into the men's room was when it was the locker room at the fitness center at my job. In a regular bathroom, you're either going to be in a closed stall, or standing facing the wall with your back to everyone else. Very little chance of seeing anything. In a locker room, there could be people walking around completely naked, as I would have been if that idiot father had come in with his daughter two seconds sooner than they did. I had just barely managed to finish putting my pants on when they came in. Thankfully, a few weeks later, they changed the access controls so that only fitness center members could get into the locker room.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Here in the Netherlands I often see mothers dragging their kids in the mensroom, saying she/he needs to go So MOM doesn't have to wait in line at the ladies room. (Yes and lets the kid wait outside the stall for her.)

Maybe he saw that too much and overreacted?

Comment

Yeah, I complained to the manager and gave him a description of the workers, he said he thought he knew which ones they were. I mean i don't really care that the worker was in the family bathroom for the reasons others have stated, but I am still fuming at the dipshit who was screaming about my daughter not being able to go in the men's room.
                          ~LSTYD~
                          Quote: Dalesys:
                          you may want to take a census of your brain squirrels... maybe one escaped?

Comment

Good for you for complaining. With my niece whe she was just potty trained she waited to the very last minute to tell you she had to go potty. So when she told you you better run. My nephew on the other hand likes to try the plumbing in every restaurant, house, or store you take him to so its not that big of a worry when he says he has to go potty.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                              when a little kid tells you 'gotta go potty,' you get them to the potty now now NOW it's already too late. what a nitwit.
                              FTFY

*filler to make the message long enough*
                              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                              X