This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omg so adorable!!

So my aunt (ive talked about her before major horder) is a big theater person. Because of her i know the hilarity of Hairspray done live, the joy of pirates of pinanze (sp?) and omg i cant stop cryingness of Cyrano de Bergeat *i really really cant spell* even when he lost his nose, as well as many many more, Macbeth is awesome!

anyway ive had the killer flu/sinius thing lately and when i was at my sickest she invited me, meimei, and mama slicey to see a dinner theater production of Sleeping Beauty.

It was a lunch time performance for the local dinner theaters childrens theater. i was feeling like 75% healthy so i went along as planned.

Now this is a childrens play so while its a school day there are alot of kids. the family sitting next to us was a pair of grandparents who where taking their visiting grand kids out (i thought it was sweet) and there where two school groups 1 that looked like 2nd graders one that looked like 6th or 7th grade chore. There where little girls dressed up like princesses... it was awesome. The food made me laugh. Chicken finger, mac and cheese, sweet potato fries, mini hot dogs and burgers, but allllllllll yummy (is not a little bit too salty). The play was fast paced and soooooo cute and funny. It was a really great time.

but im posting this here for a reason. When we sat down we immediately go get food (cause come on sweet potato fries! yum) and then we return to our table.
    about 10 minutes later the server for our area finally comes over to get our drink order.

5 minutes later the other family sits down.

20 minutes later after 3 refills of our water by the hostage lady walking around with pitchers of water we get our drinks and the other family can finally order.
    thats right we have an hour to eat before the play starts and 1/2 of it where spent watching our waitress walk by us and never stop to say 'im sorry ill have your drinks soon' nore did she get the others familys order!

i under stand that its 3/4 full on a week day with only 1 server and 2 busboys for each area i do but 2/3 of your audience is not of the age to be patient and a little reassurence is nice. My aunt tipped her 10 dollars which i though was too much for her bring us a grand total of 6 drinks (meimei and aunt decided the lemonaid was too sweet and switched to root beer) and only refilling 2 of them once. the most i would have tipped would have been 5 simply cause i know she was trying but honestly take a second to stop and say 'sorry their coming'.

Bonus giggle-
    Prince Phillips enchanted sword in the play?
    A light up flashing plastic toy sword like you buy in a drug store for 5 bucks. And he looked sooooo SERIOUS AND DETERMINED welding it to slay the Maleficent dragon.

Dawwwww!!!! (just picturing the Prince Phillip wielding the sword) But that would have made me feel very frustrated with waiting so long for my food. I have to ask, how did they do the Maleficent dragon? (Maleficent is my favorite disney villain of all time).

Comment

Quoth Rena_Muffin View Post
      (Maleficent is my favorite disney villain of all time).
      Mine too. I keep asking why at Halloween can't the she eat Mickey at the end of Fantasmic. I would pay extra and sign a waiver and stay late for that. What I am a villain girl

And that does sound like a lot of fun!!
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
        Mine too. I keep asking why at Halloween can't the she eat Mickey at the end of Fantasmic. I would pay extra and sign a waiver and stay late for that. What I am a villain girl

And that does sound like a lot of fun!!
        Fantasmic is my favorite show at Disney. I used to park hop all day when I lived there and then always see Fantasmic last. Oh how I miss that.
        We ask ourselves when we get in a fix, what would Popeye do in a tight spot like this? He'd race for his true love and easily win it, in an old spinach can with a mast stuck in it. -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Quoth Rena_Muffin View Post
          (Maleficent is my favorite disney villain of all time).
          Yeah, she kicks ass.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

the king a big stick a very very large dragon puppet that lets you not know it was the king

and of course malificent kicked ass she was so awesome they made her video game villian

Comment

you know the whole sleeping beauty thing wouldn't have been an issue if they had just invited her!

Comment

True, there wouldn't have been so much of an issue if they had just invited Maleficent, but then again...

Would you want the self-styled "Mistress of All Evil" at YOUR daughter's birthday?
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  Would you want the self-styled "Mistress of All Evil" at YOUR daughter's birthday?
                  Yes, because otherwise I wouldn't be invited.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

True, there wouldn't have been so much of an issue if they had just invited Maleficent, but then again...

Hells yeah, she's Maleficent. My kid would be kickass if just a little of her awesome rubbed off on it.
                    Last edited by Rena_Muffin; 04-05-2011, 04:01 PM.

Comment

...okay, fair point. Evil DOES have the best parties.

Mostly 'cos they have all the good music.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                        Because of her i know the hilarity of Hairspray done live, the joy of pirates of pinanze (sp?) and omg i cant stop cryingness of Cyrano de Bergeat *i really really cant spell* even when he lost his nose, as well as many many more, Macbeth is awesome!
                        The Pirates of Penzance and Cyrano de Bergerac. Both of those are so totally awesome. Well, nearly all of Gilbert & Sullivan is totally awesome.

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                        Ooooh... That would be totally awesome!

They should do a 'Villains Night Out' sort of show for Halloween.

...okay, fair point. Evil DOES have the best parties.

Mostly 'cos they have all the good music.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X