Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of people think the "fast" in "fast food" refers to quickness with which it is served. They are wrong. The "fast" in "fast food" refers to the speed with which it has to eaten before it becomes inedible.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

@ Yarnil - Actually I eat too much fast food. KFC is an odd situation, because their chicken while good relatively fresh, becomes way too soggy and gross way too quickly.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Ah, ok. the KFC here in the netherlands doesnt seeem to have that problem.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          I doubt she would have wanted it in the condition it was in "NOW", i.e. half-cooked. I was given a chicked filet sandwich once that was still raw in the middle, and I can say it's pretty nasty.

As for KFC, I don't eat there often, but I certainly don't expect it to be ready the instant I order. In fact, one time my son and I got some at the drive-thru and had to wait for them to put down a fresh batch. We had to park and wait for a good 20 minutes or so, but they gave us each a free soda, and when they brought the food out to us, they also threw in a free cake.
          I had that happen before - the people at the KFC we go to are very nice about not having whatever you order and offer substitutes at a discount if you don't want to wait until the new batch is ready. The only stuff we refused to get was that really nasty boneless skinless broiled crap. I wish they would bring back the rotisserie gold, that stuff was phenomenal.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            I wish they would bring back the rotisserie gold, that stuff was phenomenal.
            *drools* om nom nom Yes, 100x time yes.. soooooo good.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              A lot of people think the "fast" in "fast food" refers to quickness with which it is served. They are wrong. The "fast" in "fast food" refers to the speed with which it has to eaten before it becomes inedible.
              Fast food becomes inedible? That's news to me - I thought it was that way to begin with.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Am I the only one who reads the thread title and thinks of the JG Wentworth commercial? "It's my chicken, and I need it NOW!!!"
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I love fried chicken, it's my 2nd favorite food. This lady should have just waited for it though, then she could tear into that hot, crispy, juicy goodness when she got home.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Fast food becomes inedible? That's news to me - I thought it was that way to begin with.
                    Now you know just how fast it becomes inedible.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      Wow, another one who pulls the "husband" card.

Really, do you really think it will make people cave and buckle if your husband talks to them?
                      This.

I was perfectly capable of fighting my own chicken battles when I was married.

Seriously, though. My ex-husband would have laughed at me if I had called him about a wait on chicken. And he actually talked to the manager? This made me .

These people kill me. I want their lives for ONE day, considering this is what passes as 'call my husband' emergency.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        This.

I was perfectly capable of fighting my own chicken battles when I was married.

Seriously, though. My ex-husband would have laughed at me if I had called him about a wait on chicken. And he actually talked to the manager? This made me .

These people kill me. I want their lives for ONE day, considering this is what passes as 'call my husband' emergency.
                        Yes, a 10 minute wait. I could understand her calling her husband if she had to wait half an hour, if only to tell him she'd be late. But calling him over 10 minutes? I didn't even really think about that when my dad told me this story. But it is ridiculous.
                        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                        X