This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an American!

I stopped by Carls Jr after work today and there was a small line. Nothing too busy. The guy ahead of me places his order and there was something off about him.

I wasn't paying attention to what he said to the cashier but he mentioned something about not being from here. I don't know if it was what he said, but I had a feeling about that guy. I placed my order and waited - there were a few orders ahead of me.

Out of nowhere the guy asks me "How would you feel if a place ripped you off?"

"Um, I'd be pretty pissed." I replied.

About a minute passed when he mumbled something about it taking too long. He went up to the counter and asked where his burger was. The cashier said that there were a few orders ahead of him.

Well, that was apparently the wrong answer.

"What the fucks wrong with you!? Where's my burger!? You can't do this to me! I'm a customer and a citizen!"

The cashier looked confused and turned to the back to ask how long his food would. She said it'd be a few minutes.

"What the fuck! What's wrong with you!?"

At that point her coworker turned towards the guy and told him he can't talk to her like that and to chill the hell out.

"Why the fuck are you getting involved!? This doesn't concern you! I'm an American!"

* facepalm * What . . . the . . . fuck?

The worker told him to take his money and leave. He did, swearing he'd never come back (thank God).

Crazy fuckers are crazy.

"So are the rest of us, asshole. Wait your goddamned turn!"
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

They told him to leave instead of folding like a bad poker hand? Wonderful.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Your title hilariously reminded me of this scene from Farscape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EMO14pRRRk
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post

SQUEE!!! OMG OMG OMG someone mentioned Farscape!

Sorry, I just get excited whenever I see Aussie TV (the actors were all Aussie/NZ bar Browder/Crichton who was american) from the 90's, especially a series like Farscape, which I loved (especially in the fourth episode where Zhaan just drops her cloak in front of a prisoner )

If anyone cares, Aeryn, D'Argo, Zhaan, Chiana, Scorpius, Stark, Jool, Sikozu and Furlow are all played by Australian actors.
          Pilot/Crais (same guy) is from New Zealand, as is Rygel's voice actor.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Claudia Black cracked me up, watching that one con where they do a interview thing together, and they end up with a picture of Shanks on Browders chair.

Comment

What an assh*le this guy was! What did he want, a raw burger patty or one that's been sitting under a heat lamp all day? My word.

Comment

I'm wondering what the hell he thought being American had to do with anything.

Did he think everyone else wasn't American, and therefore shouldn't be helped before him?
                my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

The title on this thread reminded me of a line from the talk radio station in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
                  Quoth Grand Theft Auto WCTR Radio Station
                  I speak English, I eat German food, I practice French adultery and I weigh as much as Vatican City. I'm an American
                  Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
                    I'm wondering what the hell he thought being American had to do with anything.

Did he think everyone else wasn't American, and therefore shouldn't be helped before him?
                    If I had to guess, I think it was because he and the two workers were Hispanic, but all three of them spoke perfect English and as one worker countered, she is an American too.

There was also the comment about him not being from around here and it appeared that he struggled to understand the value of US currency. The cashier had to help him determine how much he needed to give her.

Maybe he just immigrated here. And maybe he got the idea that being American includes being a raging asshole. I've heard that US tourists are viewed as rude . . . or he might just be an asshole who thinks all Hispanic fast food workers are illegal.

Comment

If I'm not mistaking Carl jr has sign up that says that their burgers take longer... cause they are made when you order and they are thick. Hell I'm willing to wait a really long time if my food is being made fresh. Oh wait cause I'm not a moron.

Comment

I'm surprised at the lot of you. The proper answer for this sort of thing is "Good for you. Do you want a fucking cookie?" But then, I'm a bastard like that
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Pardon me, but could you help a fellow American who's down on his luck?

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post

Oh great, now you've got me picturing SCs at John Creighton's Wormhole Weapons Store demanding free stuff.

Farscape FTW!
                            Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
                              Oh great, now you've got me picturing SCs at John Creighton's Wormhole Weapons Store demanding free stuff.

Farscape FTW!
                              Nopw i just pictured Rygel manning the Tech Support phone line, in his most bored voice and approaching GK levels of wit and responses (plus him doing the must have "Did you try turning it off and back on again?" )

Comment

Working...
                              X