This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Greyhound: Lupo Style... >.<

So, I’m visiting my wolfie this weekend. I worked a short shift at work on Friday, and from there caught a metro to the Greyhound station and zipped off for the weekend. Of course this, being me, means the sailing (er…bussing…) was anything but smooth.

To the Greyhound Station
    So, I’m on the city bus to the Greyhound station and the bus is fairly crowded. When it comes to my stop, I go to board, and pull my small suitcase aboard. Aaaand, cue male asshole with baby lecturing me.

AWB: You need to be more careful!
    Me: Um, I’m sorry, did I hit you with my bag…? (Entirely possible, it was rather crowded and I was trying, but the aisles on the bus are a bit narrower than can be comfortable.)
    AWB: Nonono, you need to be more careful going out dressed like THAT
    Me: Um…
    AWB: Dressed like that, you’ll end up with one of THESE (he indicates the baby he’s helping)
    Me: …
    AWB: Although <lllllleeeeeeeeeeerrrss> if you want one o’ these I volunteer to help.
    Me: …
    AWB: <Leers some more>
    Me: Oh. OOohhhhh!!! So…so by calling me slutty and mplying promiscuity and a desire to get pregnant, you’re HITTING on me!
    AWB: <Blinks>
    Me: <SARCASM ON!> I guess we’re just in two different leagues, because see, to ME, that’s more insulting and degrading and is more like to make me undergo a self hysterectomy with a CHAINSAW!
    AWB: <Stares dumbfounded and I beat a hasty retreat to the back of the bus>

Aaand, still on city bus…
    So, I’ve moved to the back of the bus, and I’m standing with my suitcase off to the side, and people are crowded on the bus. It’s near one of the main transit centers, so it’s really standing room only. And here comes another guy who ever so slowly is creeping backwards. Every time the bus stops, he takes another step back into me, regardless of whether anyone boards or not.

Finally, the bus empties out enough, and there’s plenty of room. And he keeps backing up. And I get elbowed. I think he was aiming for specific parts, but missed, I got elbowed in the arm, because I turned, but at that point, I employed the choir voice. Meaning I was in theory speaking quietly, but still projecting for everyone around to hear.

“Excuse me, sir!! Can you step forward a bit now that there’s plenty of room? I’m claustrophobic and you’ve already elbowed me once already!!”

He moved rather quickly…

Yay, greyhound, finally! Finally a smooth trip…or not…
    So, I’m at the station, I’ve boarded the bus, it looks like we’re all ready to leave. And on time, even!! Wooot!! The bus was scheduled to depart at 2:30 pm. It’s 2:30, and everyone’s on the bus.

Or…not…

Oh, lookie, an EW. This EW showed up late, but still, she had her ticket, so she waltzes up to the bus and tries to climb aboard. The Driver tries to tell her that she can’t board until she lets him get off the bus and gives him her ticket. She’s blathering on her cell phone, and of course, ignores him.

D: Ma’am, you can’t board until you let me off
    EW: <blatherblather tries to shove past driver>
    D: Ma’am! I need to get off and see your ticket!
    EW: <blatherblatherblather>

The driver finally gets her attention, and gets her ticket and she boards. She then tries to roll her bag down the aisle of the bus, and it’s not wide enough. She still tries!!

Of course, then she stops in the middle of the bus and starts looking around. Then:

EW: WHY THERE NO EMPTY SEATS ON THIS BUS!? WHY THERE NO EMPTY SEATS UP FRONT!?!

She was standing right by MY seat, mind you and glaring around. I was near the front, but not in any of the reserved for elderly and handicapped seats. Maybe she thought someone would feel bad for her…?

I don’t know, but she finally FINALLY got herself situated and we were able to get the hell out of Houston, so I could get on the road to see mah wolfie. Yay!!

The saga of GhettoMonkey
    So, for the duration of the trip, I was sitting in front of someone I have dubbed GhettoMonkey. GhettoMonkey is every walking stereotypical black man/gangster you’ve ever seen in a movie or rap music video. No, I’m not kidding. How do I know? No, I wasn’t just judging based on appearance, I was going by the snippets of phone conversation I overheard, because, you see, he was on his cell phone THE ENTIRE FRICKIN’ trip.

No, wait. He stopped for 10 minutes here and there, but dayum…

So, snippets from the saga of GhettoMonkey?

“Naw, naw, man, see, my baby mama gon be sleepin’, so I’m gon down there like planned, but my homeboy, he gon be investigatin’.”

“See, naw, I’m gon down there, but I gotta play a role like I don know.”

“Naw, naw, listen to what I’m sayin’, nigga, I’m tryin’ to tell ya, my babymama is sleepin, and I on the way there now.”

And this continued. From what I heard, GhettoMonkey’s having a rough go of it. Something about another woman telling lies and his babymama may or may not be in on it, but he’s got to go to san Antonio and play along because some board is investigating something or other and he has to see if it’s going to play out. Or something.

Buh!

But, yaaaay, I finally made it to San Antonio, relatively unscathed. And now, stay tuned for my next thread, “Fiesta Follies: Or, Lupo and Wolfie vs. Carnies, Kids and Idiot Parents”

Well played
    Last edited by Dave1982; 04-17-2011, 05:10 AM.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I love your stieres, but....

How come theres something everyday? Is my life soo boring or are you a magnet for foul behavior?

Comment

Quoth Yarnil View Post
        How come theres something everyday? Is my life soo boring or are you a magnet for foul behavior?
        Magnet. I'm most definitely a magnet. few working theories on that one, though.

1. I'm a reincarnated Roman emperor: Popular picks are Caligula or Nero.

2. i have a chaos magnet implant. That's the one most people go for, because the magnet seems to be nullified by the electromagnetic fields somewhat of other people, when I travel with others. you'll notice the carnival suck thread was veeeerrrryyy little, compared to others.

I guess I'm just special.

Comment

Can I ask what you were wearing that was so "slutty" that you were just asking to be impregnated by some random sheisster?
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Actually the bus trip is pretty standard. I've run into most of that stuff (except for getting hit on, and I sure don't regret that!)

Some friends of ours live in a city an hour away. We've taken the Greyhound up to see them plenty of times. There is always, I mean ALWAYS, at least one person who boards the bus late. One time a girl got off, telling the driver she had to make a phone call (this was before everybody on the planet had a cell phone) and....she never got back on. He was already several minutes late, so he left without her.

Another time a guy got on drunk and fell asleep. He dropped his thermos, which opened up, and spilled....beer...all down the aisle.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
              AWB: Although <lllllleeeeeeeeeeerrrss> if you want one o’ these I volunteer to help.
              That is exactly the kind of thing a rapist would say. And I'm not making a rape joke, I am damn serious.
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

She was wearing capri's and a black and white scoop neck top that had ties in back, she looked utterly adorable. (not that I am biased or anything)

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  Can I ask what you were wearing that was so "slutty" that you were just asking to be impregnated by some random sheisster?
                  Most likely she could have been wearing seven layers of cement and creep would still have said something like that. Some guys... shudder.

Quoth xx_wolfie_xx View Post
                  She was wearing capri's and a black and white scoop neck top that had ties in back, she looked utterly adorable. (not that I am biased or anything)
                  What? You biased? About Lupo? Naaaaahhhh. LOL you two are so sweet it makes my cold bitter heart warm and fuzzy I'm gonna go smooch with my man for a while now

Comment

Most likely she could have been wearing seven layers of cement and creep would still have said something like that. Some guys... shudder

Well, yes she could be wearing that and I would still adore her as well. Also it's probably a good thing that I don't live in Houston as well, I would have been put in jail for assault a couple of times over by now. >.>

Comment

Quoth xx_wolfie_xx View Post
                      Well, yes she could be wearing that and I would still adore her as well. Also it's probably a good thing that I don't live in Houston as well, I would have been put in jail for assault a couple of times over by now. >.>
                      Yeah my husband's like that. There have been several times I've had to hold him back from some asshat that either said something to me or done something rude.

Comment

I wish I had the kind of courage to speak up like that when I used to travel Greyhound. This was back when I was 18-20 and painfully shy. I used to try to grab a window seat and either get totally absorbed in a book, or turn on a CD player and pretend to be asleep.

The worst, absolute worst trip was a stretch between DC and Atlanta, when an old, fat guy with greying hair sat next to me and started telling me how pretty I was, and petting my hand, and telling me about his grandkids my age, and trying to get my phone number. (Ew, hitting on someone the same age as his grandkids? I was grossed out!) He held my hand the ENTIRE TRIP, and I was too shy and scared to speak up or even take my hand away. I just knew after a bit that we'd HAVE to take different busses after Atlanta, because he was going east and I was going west, and I never gave him my destination or phone number.

I discovered discount airlines after that, and didn't bus again for years.
                        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

the more you guys talk (lupo and wolfie), the more i wants some piccys (we loves piccys); the outfit sounds cute and tasteful, but as someone pointed out, it wasn't the clothes, but the creep (he'd probably find a girl in a hefty bad exciting) doesnt' care, he just took it as an 'opening.' just ew, and great handling job; i feel for that child, though.

pseudogansta, lol; tough on the outside, soft and squishy on the inside without his 'homies' or his 'piece.'

as for the latecomer, after not acknowledging the driver, he, imo, should have left without her for showing up late, being rude and holding up the bus. dumb bitches just gotta be...dumb bitches.
                          look! it's ghengis khan!
                          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

oh, well, okies... piccies!!

Wolfie be pimpin' (he wants a hat that matches mine and tried that one on...)

Us

us again

me by the river

I like the river. I like water.

Comment

Quoth EW
                              WHY THERE NO EMPTY SEATS ON THIS BUS!? WHY THERE NO EMPTY SEATS UP FRONT!?!
                              Um, because you're late? If you want a seat up front, show up on time next time!

Honestly, some people.

And lupo, you and wolfie make such a cute couple.
                              my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                              it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Working...
                              X