This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein Irv almost dies

At work today, I had a full shelving unit full of plastic Sterilite boxes and carts in the backroom just about completely collapse on me.

I pulled out something that had been squeezed in a tad too tight and there she went. That brought out probably the loudest "OH SHIT!" I ever have or ever will utter.

Then my co-workers and I had to spend about an hour trying to fix the damn thing before we decided we couldn't. The shelving unit is still there, but with nothing on it and a huge-ass sign warning people not to put anything on the shelves.

Monday I probably get to help rebuild the shelving unit, unless it turns out we need to order parts.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Any bets on the shelves being full and propped up with cardboard pulled out of the compactor on Monday?

Ferris?

I thought not.
    Last edited by dalesys; 09-24-2012, 12:38 AM.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Good lord. Safety hazard much?
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        Good lord. Safety hazard much?
        I think it was a conspiracy to kill Irv and replace him with a clone.

Glad you're unharmed though, Irv. Physically that is, but the mental part of it you can't claim as a workplace injury.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'm glad you're ok! One of my coworkers had some boxes or bottle of laundry detergent fall on him. He's had several neck surgeries now.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ouch! My friend at work is out on disability because a whole bunch of product mashed his hand because the shelving unit was over packed. It just finally gave way all of a sudden and his hand was there and his hand got smooshed with HEAVY product. Don't know if it was broken (his hand) or not.
            NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Working...
            X