Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halloween Round-Up 2011 ( Now With Bonus Homophobia~ )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    Don't these people know their supposed to at least wear a cup or something under that spandex?
    Not a cup (dear God, that would be horrifying) - but there is a specialized undergarment called a Dance Band that helps, um, offset the whole Spandex thing.

I happen to know this because a friend of mine who works in theatre made a joke about it once, and I looked it up (Wikipedia's pretty safe).

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Get in line. Short girls are SEXY!
      Especially if they can keep a full stein balanced on their head.

Timmy, don't stare at that funny-walking man. He has Steinups disease.
      Last edited by dalesys; 11-01-2011, 05:15 AM.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Let Me Just Stop You Right There

Me: “And your name please?”
        SC: “Who?”
        WARNING: pro wrestling joke.

Your Mind Is Blown

SC: “I got one of those little things from somebody.”

One of those little things, you say? Do tell.

SC: “It has a code on it.”

Does it now?

SC: “Can I bring a guest with me? It doesn’t work if you have a partner and you go do something that like by yourself, changes your mentality level. Like higher thinking and perceiving things, and like fitting your own definition of things then trying to explain that to someone else. Because you're no longer on the same plane of understanding.”

On totally, man. I’m right there with you. You’ve gotta like, open your mind man but that makes it harder to talk to people with closed minds. People who don’t like, accept the wavelengths of ideas outside of their own selfish egos man.

On a side note, you know you're trying to register for a seminar on real estate marketing, right?

SC: “Do you know if anyone has had, like, their consciousness shifted after this?”

….Ok seriously, what kind of seminar to you think this is, exactly? Because I think you're setting yourself up for quite a bit of dissappointment.
        Reminded me of an old Gary Larsen cartoon... "Double Your IQ or NO MONEY BACK!"
        Who You Gonna Call?

Let me see if I have this straight: You came home and found a strange man passed out in your suite. You’ve never seen him before. You’re not even sure if he lives in the building. He’s likely drunk off his arse and he has peed all over your carpet. Yet you still insist that this is a job for maintenance as opposed to, you know, the police. Now you’re demanding that maintenance drive over there and remove him from your suite. Because if there’s anything maintenance handles, its apprehending B&E suspects?

Right, got it.
        Damnit... That rug really tied the room together.

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Sexy Pikachu

That’s…..not right. How did you look at poor little Pikachu and go “You know what that needs? Fishnets.”. Also, enjoy a lovely evening full of drunken assholes making "Gotta catch em all" jokes. -.-
          Ironically enough, my local college had its annual masquerade ball last Thursday and among the various costumes parading past me all night were a slutty Pikachu accompanied by a (more than usual) slutty Misty.

Now I don't know about you, but my inner Pokénerd was screaming "Why would a Pokémon trainer who's main focus is water types be hanging around with an electric type?"

Yeah, yeah. I know. Back in my box.
          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Oh I feel blessed... Due to a week off work, I've just been privileged to read two "new" (to me) GK threads in one day.

I love the costume descriptions, and shall have to look for earlier instalments from previous years now!
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
              WARNING: pro wrestling joke.

I...

Should I be proud or ashamed that I get this reference?

Given the nature of The Client, I wasn't expecting to see people dressed up at work. But there were. Some were your basic "Token Effort" costumes (devil horns, fairy wings, etc.), but others...

I saw a witch while going to the cafeteria for lunch, one of my coworkers was wearing a bumblebee costume (and given he's a little hefty, we all immediately dubbed him "Bumblebee Man from the Simpsons" ("Ay, no es bueno!")), and someone was dressed as Moses. Long white hair, beard, robe, staff, and tablet of the Ten Commandments.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                An acquaintance of mine was at my bar discussing the four options he was considering for a costume. All of them were superheroes. I recognized exactly none of them. His problem, really, was that he was determined to go as a black superhero, since he is, well, black. Either there are no really well-known black superheroes, or the neighborhoods I grew up in had comic book stores that strictly segregated their proffered literature.
                Off the top of my head,

Luke Cage (Power Man)
                Misty Knight
                The Black Panther
                at least one of the Green Lanterns
                Black Lightning
                Cyborg
                Bumblebee
                Spawn (well, before he died and came back from Hell skinless/badly burnt)
                Bishop
                G. W. Bridge
                Storm
                One of the Zetramen (power ranger wanabes from a parody comic of the same name)

and Nick Fury in the movies.

...and I just kind of lurk around the edges of comic fandom. I'm sure there are more that I don't know, or I'm not thinking of right now.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  Should I be proud or ashamed that I get this reference?
                  That's a good question. It certainly wasn't one of Jim Neidhart's finer hours.

Bat Girl, Bat Girl and…..Bat Girl?

Well, that must have been awkward when you met up tonight.

Batman likes freaky sex?
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

The Misfits

+1 Point for this trio who had accurately guised themselves as the Misfits from Jem and the Holograms.
                    Did they look like these ladies?

You should take a digital camera around next Halloween and post the pics! Love your descriptions.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

At one party this weekend The Boy and I got to see the Sesame Trio plus Rosie. There was Slutty Elmo, Slutty Big Bird, and Slutty Cookie Monster (who to her credit brought some delicious cookies!) and then a slutty Rosie from the Jetsons.
                      Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Did they look like these ladies?
                        Pssh, they can't be the Misfits without the idiotic face paint. Er...I mean, they seem to be missing something but I never watched the show enough to know what that something is. >.>

Quoth Spork4pedro
                        slutty Rosie from the Jetsons.
                        Part of me wants to know how the Hell you accomplish that, the other part could die content that it never, ever knew.

Comment

Well.... Rosie is essentially topless... >_>

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I did see a few teenagers this year who clearly didn't even bother trying apart from "token efforts." And then there was the guy dressed as Ledger!Joker, who HAD to bust out the line:

Him: "WHY SO SERIOUS?!"
                            J2K: T_T "..."
                            His Friend: "...why so serious?"
                            J2K: T_T "..."

At which point they quietly took their candy and left. But not before:

His Other Friend: "See, he's the Joker."
                            J2K: "Oh, he's a joke all right."

I did see one girl dressed as a Rubik's Cube. I didn't bother to check whether she was going for a "sexy" Rubik's Cube, though.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Pssh, they can't be the Misfits without the idiotic face paint. Er...I mean, they seem to be missing something but I never watched the show enough to know what that something is. >.>
                              I don't suppose you'd like this Doctor Who/Jem crossover story then...
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Where I'm from, "Zeller" refers to a mental facility.

Seems appropriate, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X