Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:35 AM
The Christmas Tree Ninja!

Quote:
Quoth Ree View Post
I wish there was a way to make this thread mandatory reading for all members.

Its getting a bit tiresome when people come to vent and end up with lectures from the armchair experts.
I know that one of the websites I used to frequent, which was known as TeenHelp, did something very clever when they had people applying for positions on the board (these were positions such as mentors, greeters, livehelp operators and such. And yes, these positions were carefully screened. Moderators were done on a as-needs basis).

When they had a list of conditions you needed to tick, the third one down said this: (roughly)

"Please do not tick this box to show that you have read everything here and that you haven't just ticked your way down the list."

It could be implemented with something similar.

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Old 05-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Cosmetic Brain Surgeon

Just bumping this up for the new folks and to refresh the memories of the folks who've been around for a while.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:41 AM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth Dips View Post
Just bumping this up for the new folks and to refresh the memories of the folks who've been around for a while.
I'm glad you did, because I took the time to read it carefully after you intervened on a thread where we got off topic and warned us to knock it off. It's interesting that sometimes people don't even realize what they are doing when they get off topic because they don't take the time to read the rules of the site.

I was very glad when I came across this site because it really does serve as a type of support group for those of us who deal with customers in our jobs. Hence the logic would be if you can't be supportive then don't post on this particular thread. It doesn't help our cause when someone posts about a customer getting annoyed when they try to get them to open a charge account and then the next poster on the thread starts in with how annoyed they get when a clerk asks them to open one. Or when someone talks about how angry a customer got and the next poster chimes in with how they agree with the customer or how the OP could have prevented the situation if they had handled it differently. I've been guilty of this in the past and I know I need to start being more careful.

I do have one question for the mods though. I apologize in advance if this is answered somewhere else and I didn't see it. If so please point me to the link. There are occasions where a poster will describe a situation and ask "Was I an SC in this situation?" It seems to me in a case like this they are asking for our opinions and thus there is the possibility that they will be spoken of critically. Are there specific guidelines for this, or is it okay to speak your mind in these types of situations (in a respectful way of course)?

Old 05-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth RxBoy View Post
I do have one question for the mods though. I apologize in advance if this is answered somewhere else and I didn't see it. If so please point me to the link. There are occasions where a poster will describe a situation and ask "Was I an SC in this situation?" It seems to me in a case like this they are asking for our opinions and thus there is the possibility that they will be spoken of critically. Are there specific guidelines for this, or is it okay to speak your mind in these types of situations (in a respectful way of course)?
If someone is asking then you are allowed to answer the question.

We would of course ask all members to be polite and respectful in these instances if you do think they were sucky. If you (the generic, all encompassing version of 'you', not anyone in particular) don't think you can answer it in a polite way, then don't respond!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Cosmetic Brain Surgeon

Quote:
Quoth RxBoy View Post
It doesn't help our cause when someone posts about a customer getting annoyed when they try to get them to open a charge account and then the next poster on the thread starts in with how annoyed they get when a clerk asks them to open one.
Thank you for bringing up that example, RxBoy.

That definitely counts as "failing to see the suck."

It's not as blatant as telling someone directly that the customer wasn't sucky but it still implies it.

So, to clarify:

It counts as "failing to see the suck" to bring up your customer service complaints in someone's thread about sucky customers. Instead start your own thread in Sightings to do that.

It also counts as "failing to see the suck" to act the armchair expert and nitpick about another poster's assumptions about his customers. If you're not his customer, the assumption doesn't apply to you. Leave it alone.

Or use the report button if the assumption offends you or you feel it's unfair.

This also doesn't mean you all have to ignore it if someone posts a story that shows them to be suckier than the customer. That's a situation where you SHOULD report it to us right away. If someone brags about spitting in someone's coffee or seems like they seriously want to harm someone, it's important to bring that to our attention immediately. DON'T respond, but DO use the report button to tell us about it right away.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Last edited by Dips; 05-28-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Lantean Moderator

Alright folks, we just had to issue another infraction for this.

If you feel that something wasn't sucky, keep your opinion to yourself.

If someone is openly stating that they were being sucky to a customer, do not respond in the thread. USE THE REPORT BUTTON.

RIP Plaidman.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Assistant Manager

Rather surprised at this. Personally, if I don't see the suck, I keep that to myself and move on. I've likely not been in that situation and am not in the posters shoes, so what business is it of mine if they see something as being sucky?

Old 09-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Den Mother

Quote:
Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
Rather surprised at this. Personally, if I don't see the suck, I keep that to myself and move on. I've likely not been in that situation and am not in the posters shoes, so what business is it of mine if they see something as being sucky?

I understand your POV completely. However, as Dave has mentioned, we've had issues recently involving members who have not done as you do and therefore we've had to react accordingly in response to that.

We're not picking on any member (or members) in particular, but we feel in light of the recent issues to again remind everyone.

And, also in the future, please remember to use the new cover sheets on your TPS reports.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Area Manager

See, personally, I just don't get why you mods think these people are being sucky. I just can't see it.

/me ducks and runrunrunruns!

Old 10-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Front End Supervisor

I was a long time lurker, and although I have been posting for only a short time, I always saw this site as a place to vent, rant, rave and otherwise complain about our lovely, lovely customers (and others) in some of the most literate, witty posts I have ever read on any internet forum.

It's as if through the sheer intelligence of the posts, we triumph over our moronic customers. Who cares if the customer wasn't "sucky" enough? The post made me laugh, and gave me the strength to go back out onto the counter.

I have seen some other forums gradually get more and more rigid by posters holding the forum to some incredibly strict definition (Not sucky enough), and most times, these critics seem to be newer.

Isn't one of the overall rules to: "Have fun with this!"
To charm it with forks and hope!
Closed Thread