This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal bits...

*opens up door and finds whole new forum l haven't entered...* Mother has just had an operation. Something female and internal.Anything too strenuous might tear some muscles so I'm on lifting duty.For the first week or so it'snm nothing heavier than a full kettle.lt's surprising how many things that covers-even having to lift piles of plates to get the bottom one- or things that need effort like unscrewing the compost or shutting the washing machine door or cleaning over the coal box to scoop coal out. And no driving so it's trips to the supermarket every few days which however much can be carried on the bus . With a new job and play rehearsals it's pretty much wake up...get things ready for day..work...home...dinner...get things ready for evening home.sleep. At least by now its three weeks after and she can at least move things around without going pop and rupturing...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

So no driving but carrying loads of groceries on the bus is ok?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I'm the one doing the carrying so yes
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

All of those things can be strenuous to someone compromised. You just described my everyday problem. (My spine is unstable.)
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It's surprising how much even a minor op (and this sounds like much more than a minor op) can take out of you. Between after-effects of the anaesthetic and the amount of energy your body is pouring into healing the trauma, it wipes you out.

The important thing is not letting your mum push herself too far, too soon. Once you're part-way healed you start thinking "surely I can just do xyz now?" and risk undoing all the hard work your body's put into healing.

Also, pro-tip, if there's any scarring, rub a little olive oil into the wound once it's closed over. I used Bio Oil on the scar on my first wrist op scar, and olive oil on my other wrist op scar. The second one healed up much better; from what I understand olive oil feeds the skin as well as softening it, so it heals better.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I had relatively minor surgery some years ago (gallbladder) and was told not to do anything that involved repetitive motions ... like vacuuming ... for a while.

No prob-lame-oh.

Glad to hear she is on the mend!
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Mother is now up and about and capable of driving and sufficiently exercised to be able to polish off a selection of chocolates and various alcohicohols for her birthday.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                Mother is now up and about and capable of driving and sufficiently exercised to be able to polish off a selection of chocolates and various alcohicohols for her birthday.
                *\o/* Congratulations! That's a good sign.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                X