X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Thanks for waiting"

Interesting thing happened.

So I was doing some downhill biking at Sugar Mountain in NC. During the summer, it's not very busy except for us hardcore bikers () and some trailriders. Well, I was waiting and holding onto my bike to get on the lift. I mean, I was just doing what I usually do and have always done: held onto my bike, waited in line, and then handed my bike to the lift guy, and then waited until he said I could get onto the lift (sometimes they load your bike before you get onto the lift as opposed to after).

When I handed my bike to the guy, he said to me "Thanks for waiting." Now, I was kinda puzzled on what he meant since I was just waiting in line. So I said "...uhh..no problem?" He goes, "Yeah, lots of people just take their bikes and throw them on the ground in front of me and then get on the lift, expecting me to just put it on for them as they go up." I said, "Wow, are you serious? That's ridiculously rude. I mean I thought that it was just, you know, standard and stuff to hand you the bike when you're ready. That's what I've always done and I thought everyone did that." He said, "Nope. Apparently some people don't do that. I'm glad you're polite, though. When people do that, I don't even load their bike on the lift." (which is really funny because the lift is like 30 mins to get up to the top).

So are people seriously that rude? God, that's annoying.

Quoth Zell View Post
    So are people seriously that rude? God, that's annoying.
    *looks around* You're seriously asking us? Are you sure you don't know what our answer will be already?
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Zell View Post
      So are people seriously that rude?
      Yes. Yes, they are.

And there are some that are even worse, if you can imagine.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What I find funny is how he says he sometimes doesn't load their bikes! hahahahahaha

Comment

Many people were never taught decent behavior by their parents, and I applaud the attendant for schooling them.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Zell View Post
            So are people seriously that rude?
            Yep. I think that anyone who deals with, or has dealt with the public will agree.
            "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
            ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I love it when people stand up for themselves. Good for him! ^.^ Yeah, if you don't follow the rules about that, why would you expect to get your bike lifted up to you? People are so weird. o.o() Were you raised in a barn? Under a rock? No? Then wait your turn like the rest of us!

Comment

Handler rude

Quoth Zell View Post
                When people do that, I don't even load their bike on the lift." (which is really funny because the lift is like 30 mins to get up to the top).
                I consider the handler very rude. Those people expect their bikes to be loaded on the lift and he should do his job!

After a proper wait of 20-25 minutes he should then load the bikes up. Of-course if the customers become impatient after waiting *FOREVER* for their bikes to arrive and hike down hill, he can honestly tell them that he loaded the bikes onto the lift and they must have missed it somehow.

Comment

Since I work for a hotel, I know exactly what front desk agents have to go through. When I checked into this hotel once, my key wouldn't work. No big deal. Perhaps it was an encoding error. I went back to the desk to the get my key fixed. As I was waiting, I noticed huffy customers checking in. It was my turn and I told him my key wasn't working. He apologized over and over again. I said it was no big deal and made small talk with him. He said I was the nicest person he met today. He said most people give him attitude or they are very rude about the key error. (But sometimes customers demagnitize their keys accidently by placing them close to cell phones.) I told him I understand completely!

Comment

Working...
                  X