This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do i get the people who have been drinking

recently i have had a few incodents where i have had to deal with drunk customers (starting as soon as they came in at first) now since i work in the auto center this is a bit unnerving since well they have to drive to get there. it is more common for them to smell if they have been drinking when they come pick up their car as there is a micro brew/pizza place in the mall, note these people are most of the time not out of order in anyway.

instance 1 more of a general weridness not really sucky the guys were pretty nice, but you could tell they had a few beers before they got there, it looked as though they had come from golf (ie wearing golf type clothes sporting golf type logos) these guys tagged around for me as i tried to find a battery that i passed up the first time i looked for it. they were cool about the over site since they were actually helping me look for it, but one of them practically undid a whole pallet of batteries to see if it was there. not really company policy but i cant move them my self.

the next guy was just a jerk short and sweet. transaction didnt end long i didnt confront him at all about what he did.

me and the manager were at one of the counters reviewing some things on the computer. he walks in the door and immidiatly asks which one of us was in training. i tell him neither of us are and that i would help him, he hands me his check and credit card (as we can take credit payments for some cards) and promptly drops them. i lean down to pick it up and he says he will get it. as he leans down he kind of wobbles.

i walk over to the other puter asking him if he had his actual card so i could swipe it, and or have the experation or if he remembered it (not that it mattered truly for the transaction, just that it makes things alittle easier) he goes on some werid rant that i dont remember. when i get to the puter and he stands next to me i realize that he smells like he had a vodka iv in him

so im entering the numbers and the phone rings, the manager picks up the phone and starts to talk to the customer on the line. the phone rings again and the customer picks up the phone a tad and sets it down and says oooooops. i dont think that it was enough to trigger a hang up since the phone continued to ring, (it is possible that we were getting 2 calls at the same time and my other co worker who was in the garage could have picked it up at that time, i cant tell on that particular phone as its line system is broken.

i get a little miffed about that, and i try to ask the customer to leave the phone alone but at that time before i could get the words out he picks up the phone again, and this time lets it drop back on to the hook. i just stood there and didnt say anything cause i was shocked at his rudeness and as i finished the transaction he said well if they call back tell them (gives his name) did it.

i thought well like it matters they might not belive me, lucky for me no one called back complaning that they got hung up on, i was pretty mad about the whole thing, as i figured the customer that called before that the guy tried to hang up on the first time was sc in progress who i had delt with the day before lucky that it wasnt him that the guy hung up on.
    "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

I had a beer-scented SC do the phone hangup trick on me once. I could smell him 5 ft away. My coworker told me that <body shop> was holding for me, and told stinky-drinky(SD) that he could help him. I picked up the phone and SD reaches over my counter and hung it up! Events as follows:

SD: Stinky-Drinky the alcoholic Tella Tubby.
    Me: Livid
    P: Coworker

Me: "Oh, hell no you did not just do that!" Yes I actually said that. I was torqued.
    SD: I waz alredddy ztanding heer!<hic>
    P: Sir! I told you I could help you here!

SD kind of looked around and realized that everyone in the room had this look on their face, and he scampered. Slightly sideways, but scampered nonetheless.

P had told me who was on the phone for me, so I called them back. $4000 parts order. It's a good thing I knew who it was. P went out to see if he could get a license plate on this drunk SOB, but he was unfortunately long gone.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
    X