This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer stores suck.

Well, not really. I love them; that's why I work at one. The customers, on the other hand, I could do without. Seems like every other day, someone is screaming at me or my manager about something completely retarded, like their web order not being ready (because you didn't wait for it to be ready! You placed it five minutes ago! We haven't even received the paperwork yet!). Then, there are the really fun customers that threaten to sue us for equally stupid reasons, like the guy who was mad at me because I told him we were charging him $150 when he came to pick up a computer. Uh, we replaced your drive, and reinstalled everything for you. You actually got a pretty good deal, as some companies would charge a lot more for that. We also called you and made sure it was alright to proceed with the work, and told you what it would cost. Piss off.

But that's enough about customers for now. As for myself, I take pride in being one of the only customer service reps (fancy name for cashier) that knows anything about computers (trying to fix mine at the moment, even). I'm also irritated at the company now, for cutting out three management positions, because I was in training for one of them. They decided that having more underlings and less managers was a good idea, somehow. We didn't have enough managers or supervisors in our store to begin with, and now some of them are almost doubling their workload because other jobs got axed (yeah, they actually do work in our store!)

But I get a damn good deal on computer parts. ;D
Working...
X