Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he may have used the wrong WORDS but he sure the hell wasnt wrong.
    I would have told her something worst.

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
      Any bets on how long it takes for someone to post that it was wrong and a not-nice thing to do?
      Perhaps the OP tearing her a new one was a tad over-the-top, but that woman holding up the line with 74 items that had to be specially keyed was also "wrong and not-nice". I really wish that the folks who don't know how u-scans work would just go to a cashier line. Let those of us who are just buying 12 items or less and know how to run the thing use it!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Nice story.

I like the u-scans too and try to use them every chance I get.

But what am I supposed to do when I scan a lot of items and have to move the bag because it's full? The scale sensor tells me to return the bag in order to cintinue but if I do, there's no room in the bag for the next item I scan. Which also triggers the sensor because I'm not putting the item in the bag.

It's like u-scans are for people buying only a handful of item, not a week's worth of gorceries.

Comment

The first 'wrong' was done by the store employee by not telling her she was in the wrong lane. The second was Ms. Entitlement thinking it was ok to even attempt to use the express line. Everything after that was sooooo right.

Last edited by bigjimaz; 08-22-2007, 09:14 PM.
          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
            But what am I supposed to do when I scan a lot of items and have to move the bag because it's full?
            The ones at my regular grocery have room for about four bags. Over that, I think it's better to go through the regular checkout. But the cashier told me that I could just push the button that says you're not putting it in a bag and put it in your cart instead. You're supposed to use that for large or heavy items. It takes longer though.

If my pile of groceries requires more than a handbasket to carry it, I usually use a regular checkout line.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
              It's like u-scans are for people buying only a handful of item, not a week's worth of gorceries.
              I think that's kind of the point--not to be mean, but I always assumed the U-Scan lanes were for people with minimal items in a bit of a rush to get out of the store, not people with an overflowing cart.

And while it may not have been a nice thing to do, it certainly was well-deserved and funny as f#%k, in my book. Way to go!!
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

*golf clap

Well played Bob. Well played.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I only use the uscan if I have only a few things and no coupons or anything. But then there's only one store I really shop at (and that's not very often since it's outside of my usual daily route) that even has uscans. The other one that had them closed last year.

And that one used to yell at me about unexpected item in bagging area, please remove (when I hadn't even put anything else there) so I'd move the bag and it would yell at me for removing the bag, so I'd put it back and we'd go around in that circle a few times and then it would stop and I'd continue on my merry way...stupid machines...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                    The first 'wrong' was done by the store employee by not telling her she was in the wrong lane.
                    To be fair, if the employee had told the customer she was in the wrong lane, Madam Almighty Customer would've run screaming to the manager about how unbearably rude that employee was. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                      The first 'wrong' was done by the store employee by not telling her she was in the wrong lane.
                      Are you expecting the manager to back up the employee when the woman bitches?

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                        Especially, when a manager won't even back up another manager!

I tell people all the time, you can't go through self-checkout with this and that and they get upset and ask for a manager. Well, I AM a manger. Oh no get me another manager. I of course know that this particular manager won't stand up for me as usual. When they press the help button, I ignore them and call the asshole manager who said they could.

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                          Any bets on how long it takes for someone to post that it was wrong and a not-nice thing to do?
                          I don't take sucker bets!

I think it was freakin' hilarious and have kind of done the same thing when I get stuck behind an incompetent using them at Wally World. What gets me is that the damn things have pictures and some people still can't figure out what the hell to do!
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Holy crap, that is just AWESOME! I am in tears of laughter over this.
                            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Okay, I guess I have to be the first one to say it was wrong. No offense, but I think you went WAY too far. You could have said something to her without attacking her like that. You could have just slipped away and got in another line. The store wasn't busy, and you weren't in a hurry. Sounds like you're not as patient as you think you are.
                              Last edited by Despina83; 08-23-2007, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                                Expecting, yes. Knowing he will, No
                                This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X