This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    Was the player supposed to be region-free? Because, otherwise, it'll only play the DVDs that are native to your country, and nowhere else.
    Quite. Most people forget about that, since pretty much all stuff we buy here is Region 1, even if it's an 'imported' film.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Nothing to do with regions

Quoth Juwl View Post
      Was the player supposed to be region-free? Because, otherwise, it'll only play the DVDs that are native to your country, and nowhere else.
      Blockbuster DVDs, remastered for North America.

No, this was a cheap DVD player $39.95CND two years ago, and the panasonic was not an all regions unit either. Cheap is cheap, it means lower quality in the lens, and noise reduction in the electronics.

"Lone Wolf & Cub" play further when I clean the disk, but played fine on the panasonic.

Comment

We don't see many outbursts like that here in South Africa. We're too damn concious that everyone is looking at us. I have made a decision to intervene if a situation like that arises. Even if the clerk is in the wrong, it doesn't give the customer the right to cuss and belittle them.
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

You mentioned you are relatively new in retail. What you witnessed in your short time is pretty much typical, especially with the woman huffing about the credit card. The guy yelling may be a little extreme, but situations like that happen.

Before I started with the public, I thought people were all good. Well, that's true for the most part, but I never realized how many a##holes there are in the world. I've become more skeptical of human nature after working customer service.

Comment

Working...
          X