Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if you explain things to SC's they still don't understand or comply.

example:

me: Excuse me, your bag will need to go up in the overhead locker for take off as you are sat by an emergency exit.
    Stupid passenger: Why can't I keep it under the seat in front?
    me: In case we need to evacuate the aircraft. Your bag may impede people's evacuation from the aircraft, everything needs to go up in the overhead.
    Stupid passenger: So I can't keep it on my lap?

In training they told us that passengers will comply and understand if you explain why you need them to do things. HA HA HA.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Another reason they might not want cashiers making change, is that you might get the occasional scammer (like my store did a few times) who'll attempt to get the cashier all confused, so that the cashier will give them more than they should. I had a lady do that to me once, I ended up calling the manager over to help me. The customer behind her commented to me after the would be scammer left that she did not blame me for what I did, that the lady was clearly trying to confuse me. She said she would have called a manager, too.
      "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
      ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I'm thinking the better choice of word would be "security" issue, rather than "safety" issue.

Opening the drawer for anything but legitimate sales just leaves too much room for funny business by the cashier, or accusations of such, should a register turn up short and there are a bunch of unaccounted for "No Sales".
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Depot Denizen View Post
          If the register is opened for change purposes, someone could potentially reach over and grab the cash drawer or anything in it.
          Wow. That covered both of my robberies.

1. Guy came in. Asked for change for the payphone. Me, being the trusting sort, popped open the drawer and gave him the change. Sometime later, guy comes back with a friend and a gun.

2. Guy buys a pack of gum. Hands me whatever bill he's paying with. As soon as the drawer pops open, he reaches over and grabs as much as he can and takes off.

After the secone robbery, we switched the drawers so instead of being $20, $10, $5, $1 it was empty, $1, $5, $10.

Where I work now, we don't keep anything larger then a $10. Everything else gets dropped IMMEDIATELY. If needed, we can vend $20s. I my new store.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
            Also, the cashier has only a limited amount of cash in the till. Once there is more than a set amount, s/he has to perform a cash drop to avoid theft. If someone comes up wanting to break $100 (without buying anything), that means she has less change for the other (paying) customers.
            Someone comes up with a $10 item and a $100 bill to pay for it, they always say "but it's all I have" when I decline the $100. My reply? "Wow, I wish I had that problem!"

Originally Posted by edible_hat
            (also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
              2. Guy buys a pack of gum. Hands me whatever bill he's paying with. As soon as the drawer pops open, he reaches over and grabs as much as he can and takes off.
              We had a robbery like that. Guy shoves the chier backwards and grabs what he can from the till and runs. Cashier was shaken but okay.

We now have perspex till guards and can't open the till except for a sale.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
              X