This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day Madness

So what's the best way to start a day? How about going into the bathroom and finding out that one of the guests decided to upchuck all over the toilet and floor. And rather than attempt to clean it up or even warning us about the mess they just leave and of course don't tip. But I guess that is too much to expect from them.

We have this walk-in couple request a King room so the other housekeeper and I leave the suite we were cleaning and start in on the last unoccupied king. Guess what they don't want to wait and request a suite. The only unoccupied suite is the one we had to leave to clean the King. We finish the suite only to learn (you guessed it) that the guests changed their minds and wanted a king. Make up your freaking minds.

Then there was the most dense and helpless woman on the planet. She argued about the 120$ room rate and demanded that we only charge 89$. She is shocked to realize that the king room only held one bed and demanded a rollaway for her daughter. She assumed the DVD player would automatically open upon being turned on and bitched about it being broken. Yeah lady just ignore those buttons on the player and remote that read open/close. Then she complained the ceiling fan was broken, she tried every switch in the room and it wouldn't turn on. Yes, she ignore the big gold chain and plastic tab dangling from it.

And tomorrow's going to be even busier ugh
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Strictly out of curiosity, might you be from a European country originally? What makes me ask is the fact that you put the dollar sign after the amount twice. (you know what they say, 'Do it once and it's a typo. Do it twice and it's a habit.) I've never seen this except in European or maybe Asian people. I'm not criticizing you as I think everyone knows what you meant and being the curious guy that I am, I'm just wondering. Please take no offense.

Now as far as your dense woman is concerned. Maybe she lives in a cave and hasn't been exposed to the new-fangled things like pull chains or CD players. It could happen.

Well, it could.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
      Strictly out of curiosity, might you be from a European country originally? What makes me ask is the fact that you put the dollar sign after the amount twice. (you know what they say, 'Do it once and it's a typo. Do it twice and it's a habit.) I've never seen this except in European or maybe Asian people. I'm not criticizing you as I think everyone knows what you meant and being the curious guy that I am, I'm just wondering. Please take no offense.

Now as far as your dense woman is concerned. Maybe she lives in a cave and hasn't been exposed to the new-fangled things like pull chains or CD players. It could happen.

Well, it could.
      Curious, which country you refering to? Every dollar country I know of put the dollar sign before the number.

Make up your freaking minds.
      Whats the saying that goes around here? If it makes sense, it isn't allowed? It'd make sense for them to pick one type of room, book it, stay in it, pay then leave. (or pay then stay in it?)... Since it makes sense...
      MMO Addicts group

Comment

Oh I didn't realize I put the dollar sign after the number, I normally do not do that. Note to self: No posting while half asleep lol.
        My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Posting the dollar sign after the amount seems perfectly logical to me, seeing as it would them be read Umpteen Dollars, instead of Dollars Umpteen.
          But that's just me.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

So, did dense woman also bitch because there was no automatic ass wiping device built into the toliet?

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              Posting the dollar sign after the amount seems perfectly logical to me, seeing as it would them be read Umpteen Dollars, instead of Dollars Umpteen.
              But that's just me.
              "If it makes sense, it's not allowed" also seems to apply to governments, law makers, or whoever is in charge of this kind of thing :P

EDIT: But I think it's cause, at least in Australia, it's $4.99c

the c being a cents sign after the number. Well, thats was how I was taught when I was 6 (13 years ago), But I rarely see it that way :P
              MMO Addicts group

Comment

It's because when you see an integer, you don't know if it is a quantity or a price, unless you put a symbol first to indicate that the following number is an amount of cash.

Comment

Working...
                X