X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It costs....money?!

It amazes me how stupid people can be.

Example.

People will start ordering our pricier food and start ordering double orders of everything. When they're done, I read off their total and get stupid questions like:

"How can a double cheeseburger with extra extra bacon and bell peppers, two double orders of onion rings, a large drink, and a large fry come out to be over $10?!"

When I explain doubling an order of something, or adding extra bacon or whatever to their sandwich costs extra, they either:

A. Change the order to something cheaper.
    B. Piss and moan while they swipe their debit card.
    C. Piss and moan while they hand me a $100.

They always want their receipt, too. They'll go to their table and add up their food and when they get a lower price (don't they always?), they run to my till and wave their receipt like Charlie and his fucking golden ticket and tell me my till isn't correct. When I do the math myself and add in the TAX (something they conveniently overlooked) and get the same price I gave them earlier they either:

A. Have me do the math once more.
    B. Looking crestfallen, return to their seat and wait for their food.

"How much does ONE double cheeseburger, extra bacon, add green pepper, golden egg, whatever the hell you just ordered, cost? $5? Good. Now double that, as you are buying two. You should now have $10. If not, you need to take remedial math. A third time."
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I liken it to a piggy bank. You keep adding shit to it, and you'll end up with a lot of money real quick. Like a burger. You add a bunch of shit to it, and there goes your shiny new paycheck.

Guess that single hamburger that barely gets a bun looks pretty good, don't it?
      Call centers: A little piece of hell, with flourescent lighting!

Comment

That make me laugh

You can always tell which customers are going to be the ones that come back up saying that you overcharged them. They always have the same look and do the same exact thing.

1. They stare at the menu intensely.
        2. As they are ordering they are still staring at the menu and doing mental figuring in their head.
        3. As they continue down the line they give me a look at the register, the you look stupid and I bet you are going to overcharge me.
        4. They tell me the price as I am ringing them up.
        5. They insist on a receipt.
        6. They immediately grab the receipt and start pouring over it as they grab their food and walk to their table.
        7. They stare intently at their receipt and back up at the menu. Back and forth, back and forth, receipt menu, receipt menu.
        8. You see them give a sneer and make a comment to the person that they are with as they struggle to get out of the booth.
        9. Yep, I'm the winner ding ding here they come with their receipt and a sneer.

Every single time that has happened I have charged them correctly. But almost every single time, even when your prove them wrong, they still give you the death look.

Comment

Quoth SubwayGirl View Post
          Every single time that has happened I have charged them correctly. But almost every single time, even when your prove them wrong, they still give you the death look.
          That's because you, personally, set the prices. Didn't you know that?
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

"they run to my till and wave their receipt like Charlie and his fucking golden ticket"

haha, that's hilarious. i can totally see it too.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              That's because you, personally, set the prices. Didn't you know that?
              I know that! My place's prices went up a few weeks ago. It had been on the news about two months before, and it had been on the news since then. We got new menus for it. And yet, I'm charging them incorrectly, or I, personally, set the prices, specifically to hurt them. Because that extra ten cents when they are already spending over $4 on a drink is, apparently, that important.

Comment

Quoth guitardude1987 View Post
                Charlie and his fucking golden ticket
                "Cause I've got a golden Ticket... to be an asshole!
                I've got a gold-en twinkle, in my eye!"
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth guitardude1987 View Post
                  When I do the math myself and add in the TAX (something they conveniently overlooked)
                  I have started saying "plus tax" after every price I quote.

It never fails, some douche will always say,"Oh yeah, you just gotta put that tax on there."

Uh, yes I do. Dick.
                  I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth BaristaGirl View Post
                    Because that extra ten cents when they are already spending over $4 on a drink is, apparently, that important.
                    Oh, but it IS. IT IS.

Somehow.

By SC "logic".
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      "How much does ONE double cheeseburger, extra bacon, add green pepper, golden egg, whatever the hell you just ordered, cost? $5? Good. Now double that, as you are buying two. You should now have $10. If not, you need to take remedial math. A third time."
                      Spiffy highly recommends investing that $10 into a new math tutor. Just walk around a university campus shouting, "Who wants ten bucks?!?" That should do the trick.
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

As a travel agent, I am personally responsible for the prices that the airlines set for their various routes.

I actually had had enough one day and told someone: "Look, if I had the power to set the fares, I'd be sitting in a corner office with a view at Delta Airlines. I'd surely not be sitting here, booking the flights."

Amazingly, it shut him up.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                        X