This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah. I'm going to fall for that.....

Guy comes in, gets some crap that's total of 1.97. Pays with a twenty dollar bill. I give him the change. He leaves for a minute, comes back, says he has the two dollars, can he pay with that and get his twenty back. Of course he doesn't understand that I already gave him 18.03, and I need that back too.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

What? Did he just watch Paper Moon, or something?
    I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Oooooh, he's about as slick as a plush carpet.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Actually, it's a pretty common scam done in a lot of fast food restaurants, although it's generally done with 1)Bigger bills 2)2 people and 3)Non-idiots.

Usually one person goes in and buys something small, say a cone or a soda, while the other person makes a big distraction at a nearby register. While the cashier is distracted the first person pays with a large bill (usually a $50 or a $100). Then, using the money they just got they say something like "Oh, here, I have $2" They give the $2, get back the $50 and walk out usually $48 to $98 dollars richer.

One of my bosses had it happen to his business, and he said that the real key to the success is the distraction. If the cashier isn't distracted, they almost always catch the error.

Comment

I can't stand customers who do that. I will give them back 5.00 and then right when I give the cash, they tell me, i have another 5, can i get a ten!
          Which is why if they give me change right AFTER i have counted and taken out the money, i say no!

Comment

In the area of town I work in this happens a lot. Luckily our CSRs are pretty well trained by their first month and so no one gets taken more then once if at all.

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
              What? Did he just watch Paper Moon, or something?
              LOL I love that movie!

But really, do people think we're that stupid?

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                But really, do people think we're that stupid?
                Yes, they do. Why? Because if we were smart, we'd have "real" jobs.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  Yes, they do. Why? Because if we were smart, we'd have "real" jobs.
                  And then, ironically enough, they'd have no one to serve them their fast food, fix their car, help them find just the right outfit, whatever it might be. I bet they never thought of that, did they?
                  Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                    I bet they never thought of that, did they?
                    Fix-r'd, for you.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Our store won't do that. The head f LP found out that too many people were getting away with the scam. We had one gut bitch about it at the register to the Head Cashier and MOD then the next time he came in he got caught stealing steaks.

Comment

Working...
                      X