This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Leave!!!

This all took place at my part time job selling truck parts.

We close the showroom at 5:00 PM despite the fact that we are still open till 6:00. Mainly because only a few mechanics and 1 parts guy (me) are left, and that way everything gets done at the back counter. No running back & forth since it's just me.

So at 5:05 yesterday I start walking towards the door to lock it. I notice that a van is still sitting out front that pulled in at 4:40ish. I figured the guy must be back in service.

How wrong I was.

There is a very short man standing behind the Lucas Oil products (hence why I didn't see him till I was on top of him) starting intently at the fuel injector cleaner. Surprised me to say the least. Well now I can't lock the door yet, which is no problem, but it would be.

Me: "May I help you"
    SC: "Is this stuff any good"
    Me: "Well some people swear by it, and some of our stuff calls for it from the manufacturer"
    SC: "Really? Wow, I always thought it was junk, and I was surprised to see it sitting in here"

I won't bore you with the rest of the 20 minutes this guy took up my time. But he started talking about wanting to buy a rig to haul a camper he wants to buy. I told him when the salesman would be back in. He tells me he spoke to the "read headed guy in sales, you know, the one who's the (local town)'s fire chief"

Our sales guy has white hair. And he's not the chief, or in that town.

He continues talking about when he drove a truck, on and on. Co-workers keep looking out at me while I'm mouthing "help me".

All the while people are leaving, shutting off lights saying goodbye, etc.

I'm finally able to get away, and I leave to put the forklift away.

I come back, he's still there. Co-worker goes out to "help" him. He starts rambling again. Co-worker is trying to send him to another place, as now he's looking at mirrors for his van. He finally gets him out the door at 5:45 by telling him we are getting ready to close and we normally close up the showroom at 5:00.

SC: "Really? I thought you were open till 8:00"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH It's on the freaking door! (I know, expecting them to read, but we haven't been open till 8:00 in probably 10 years. Long before I worked there)

We think he may have a problem, or just is bored with no where to go.
Working...
X