X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make up my mind!

{This could go in MiM or CoC too; I picked here since it's computery }

So, I support the wiki on our intranet. There are some edits only admins can perform, like to the sidebar menu (like you see on Wikipedia - lock down is for the best, so random lusers do not mess up the menus)

Last week, I got a request to change one of our customized links, to change it to point to an external webpage... that didn't make sense. So I asked "Did you mean this URL instead?" "Wait, I have to check with the Chief of Stuff (CoS) to see what she wants."

Haven't heard a thing about it since.

Today, I came in to another sidebar menu change request {from a different person} This was for a new link. At least they gave me the correct link this time. Didn't tell me where they wanted it in the menu. So, I made an educated guess, so I could get the change in before most of the users got in for the day. Done before 0700. I emailed the requester, asking them how it looked.

Just got an email. Over 5 hours later. "Oh, I talked to CoS, and she wants the link removed. She wants it on another wiki page instead."

What in the cornbread hell is going on up there?? How about asking the CoS what she wants first, and then task me? Ugh.... damn Stuff weenies...
    Last edited by vikingchyk; 03-11-2014, 05:08 PM. Reason: {This could go in MiM or CoC too ;) }
    Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
    At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Do you have more than one WIKI page, or is this an external page they want you to change as-well?

Comment

Working...
    X