X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Came Off Break For This?

Sigh.

So I was on my lunch break, finishing up my food, with about fifteen minutes to spare, even, so I'm getting set to enjoy the time, when my CW D asks me if I can pop out of lunch to answer a call sitting in the queue. Since D had hopped out of web-queue work to answer calls during a spike earlier in the day, I said okay. I'd be able to resume my lunch break afterward.

I should have let that call hang.

Luser already had a ticket in-- so I was already annoyed, because a status update call is a terrible reason for me to stop my break-- and it transpired that she'd been working on a document the night before, which she'd saved to her desktop before logging off for the day. When she came in today, the file had reverted to a save-state 24 hours previous, so she'd lost all her work.

Okay, that is a sucky thing to happen to you. But she'd called earlier to get help, and one of my other CWs had helped her. I noticed it was CW Y, however, someone I've actually had to do 'clean up' on for some of his previous tickets, when he'd screwed things up or done things wrong. However, in this case, Y had done everything correctly and had sent the ticket up to see if someone else could restore Luser's file.

In all this time, Luser had not tried to re-create her work, in the expectation that it would get restored quickly. Since it had not, and she was now calling hours later, she'd lost out on all that time to try to re-create it, but that's not important.

Luser spent more than 10 minutes wheedling and cajoling, trying to see if there was anything that ITSD could do to restore her file (no, CW Y had already tried everything), or trying to get an ETA on when it would get restored (ITSD cannot give ETAs for another team's work), and otherwise restating all of her points and questions in different ways, in the hopes that I'd give her a different answer.

Eventually, Luser realized that she was either going to have to wait or that she'd have to try to re-create her work, which she wasn't confident she could do.

And I went back on break, seriously aggravated.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!
Working...
X