Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My epic day of work at Valentines day.

Stupid Valentines Day. I already hate the holiday, but I had a really crappy day at work. This will be LONG, and filled with alot of
    strange things, ranging from stupid me, to old ladies with dildos, raging racists, and so much more. Names have been changed to protect the.... well.. I don't know why I changed the names.

Starting.... oh god its going to suck

To start off, I was late by a half hour. When I came in, Meg was sitting on the chair, reading a book. We're not allowed to do that, but... hey, we all still do at times. She looked excusted. She started to ramble on and on and on about her trip to mexico, and I guess she nearly died there but I was just too tired myself. She then went to insult Pete, our coworker about his views on Gay Marriage. I stopped her then.

ME: "Thats fine. We're all have opinions on it, but we can't talk about it"
    Meg: "Why?"
    ME: "Because it could be considered sexual harrasment. Especally bad if customer ovehears. You been gone, but we're all on a short lease right now"
    MEG: I'm not going to sue for that. Pete just an id-
    ME: Stop it. Seriously stop it. I'm too tired to think right now. Did you get everything done?"
    MEG: Yeah
    ME: *while computer was loading up to do paperwork, I go and check on coolers. Yeah. Not much stocked at all. I start to get a cup of coffee and see its out. I get some from out of the other pots, and ice cold. Crap. Our drinkers are going to be in here real soon, so I start to make the coffee*
    "Meg? Make the other coffees, and finish the stocking. I'm out of that crap beer and people will be here at 7 to buy it."
    She rolls her eyes, but goes to get the beer done at least, groaning that her ride will be here soon.

I start to work on the paperwork, and see that for some reason Pete is short 50 bucks right off that bat. But hey, paperwrok might takes a bit, and it'll be fine. He also left a note saying why he did a price override on the DR pepper 20ozs because the sign says 2 for 2.22. I roll my eyes, because he's wrong. They are 1.64 each. Had he read the sign, it says in big letters DR PEPPER HERITAGE 2/2.22. Which is the Dr Pepper with real sugar. Pretty soon Meg runs out saying her ride's here, clocks out and skips out. leaving me with the rest of her damn work. I make the rest of coffee, and do what I can for the cooler between customers.

Not my fault you didn't know what today was
    Its still early, I'm still trying to wake up. Man comes in, startings looking up and down every aisle.
    SC: "Where are the flowers?!"
    ME: Sorry, most of our stores stopped selling roses early last year.
    SC: But today is F***ing Valentines. I need them!
    ME: *Shrugs* Sorry. Um. There's a few stores that might hav
    SC: I'm on foot!!!
    ME: ....take the bus then...
    SC: I don't have time! Do you have any boxes of candy?
    ME: Not...really
    SC: Oh this is real bullshit. This is f***ing valentines, and you don't have shit for it!
    ME: We did have big Valetines Day cards, but we sold out days ago.
    SC: That doesnt f***ING HELP ME NOW!!! *He storms out*

Thirsty.... and I'll get the aftermath
    Our most popular beer is Hurricane Ice. Most that buy it say it taste like crap. But its really cheap and does the job. We ususally run out pretty fast regardless of how much we get in. Today though, we felt we had enough for today. Yeah. Right.
    Woman comes in and starts pulling hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, putting on the counter, getting more and more. She Wanted to have as many as 50 bucks can buy of them. I offered to sell her cases so it be easier to carry. She didn't like that idea, as appretenly that means that it not as cold as single. I still go in back, and groan when I only have one case left. I take it out and tell her thats its all I have. She still ends up with 40 of them. I bagged them, she puts it on top of the case and starts to carry them out when she stops. "They're for me and my boyfriend. I'm not drinking them by myself". Then leaves.

Because of this, I get all the other assholes who slump in hungover trying to buy more beer with whatever change they managed to gather that morning. Most were pissed off. They demanded that I serach the back for more. I had to tell them time and time again that we were out. They were pissed they had to spend that extra ten cents for next cheap beer. Many threaten never to shop there again if we can't get more in. One customer DEMANDED that I go to the next store, get some there, come back to my own store and sell to him. I laughed that til he left.

I hate thieves
    This lady came up in her car. She idled there for a moment, then came in with two lottery tickets that were torn and battered, and old. The securty code we have to put in was seriously damaged beyond belief. The only thing on both of them that seemed out of place. Like she delibretly did it. She stood in front of my counter, slightly to the right and was fimbling around. I quickly put lottery on counter and just said both were losers. She just looked at them and said she sworn she got 8 words, but left. I wrote down her licence plate as she took off. I went over the tape and counted the items she stuffed in her coat. A pack of gum and 4 5-hour energy shots.

I hate kids
    I'm trying to do paperwork and still trying to wake up when I hear what sounds like my windows attempting to break as two kids are outside, repeatedly getting on their bike, getting off and letting the bike slam against my windows. They come in screaming and ranting, screaming and ranting about what kind of cereal they want. They finally came up with three boxs of cereal. The older female one gave me a Foodstamp card and one box of cereal. The younger male brings up two boxes, and his foodstamp card. At this point they both are so eeriee silent, and just staring at me. Not even nodding or any kind of movement as I ask if they needed bags, or anything else. Just. Staring. they both take cereal, and then race out screaming and ranting and raving. Outside they start again to repepeatly get on and off their bikes, letting them slam against my window. Just two more in the long list of entire familys that lie to the state so they all get their own Foodstamp cards. I hate them.

Racist Jenny
    Its kinda sad when theres a crazy lady that everyone in the neighbor knows. This lady isn't allowed to come into our store when anyone else is working besides em and Meg, though I'm seriously considering talking to corporate again about me kicking her out. I'm sick of her shit. She comes in, and gets what she always gets. The winning powerball numbers, and one dollar powerball. She then goes into a large spuw about the F***ing Arabs, The F***ing N******s, etc etc. Every race in existance. She again goes off on how she always shops here, and they are always stealing from her, or trying to grab her breasts, or talking about her in their native langage. For eight. Minutes.

This lady has got to be about 80 years old. uglier then me, (both inside and out) and just a viciouis bitter lady. I remember once when she didn't ask, so I didn't give her the powerball winning numbers that she ranted on me about how stupid I'm getting because I'm working with arabs who suck brains out or something.

Hey, I'm a thief. Wow
    This older lady comes in, wanting to turn in her friends powerball ticket. Its a 42 dollar winner. She wants to know if she can have some kind of proof so her friend doesn't think she's stealing. Back in the day we had to keep our lottery slips, but now that we don't, I just gave it to her. I get out the money, 6 fives, one ten, and two ones. Drained me completly of anything bigger then a 1. I count it out to her slowly and carefully. When I'm done, she rips the money out of my hand

SC: HOW FUCKING DARE YOU STEAL FROM ME!!! YOU DIDN'T THINK I SEE IT!!
    me: *blinking and backing off*
    sc: 5! 10! 15! 20! 25! 30! -.... Oh. Its a ten. I thought it was a five. I'm sorry. Thank you sweety. *she leaves*

Read. Sign.
    This man comes in, grabs some DayQuil, and asprin. I tell him the price and he looks like he just shat a brick. He demands to know how much the dayquil is. I tell him that its 7.19. He starts to spittle and face goes dark red.
    SC: Thats not what that damn sign says!!!
    ME: Where?

We go over to the medicine aisle, where the dayquil is, next to the non-name brand. The sign in front of dayquil clearly states VICKS DAYQUIL 7.19. The sign that is next to it, in front of an empty area becauses its temporay out of stock, is COMTAK COLD 3.29.

The customer starts pointing at that sign.
    ME: "It doesn't say dayquil. It says Comtak.
    SC: Doesn't matter! Its in front of the dayquil!! The signs are confusing!!!
    ME: How is it confusing? The signs clearl-
    SC: THEN YOU NEED TO TAKE THE OTHER ONE OFF YOU DUMBSHIT!
    ME: Not my fault you don't know how to read.
    SC: OH I KNOW HOW TO READ! i DON'T FUCKING WORK HERE, HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW THE PRICE

ME: Do you still want the col
    SC: No I DON WANT THE GAWDAMN MEDICENE! FUCK YOU AND YOUR STORE!
    *Storms out*

One customer whistles. "Thats why I don't work retail anymore...."

Coffee isn't cold...
    One customer comes up, and just shakes his head.
    SC: How the hell am I suppose to enjoy a hot cup of coffe if you don't have any to sell?
    ME: Oh, sorry man, I'll go make some ri
    SC: Its too late. I don't want any. I can't wait. You should pay attention. It shouldn't take long to run out, then you make more
    ME: I've been busy and no-one told me, I'll make some right now
    SC: *shakes his head* This is why your in retial. Your not smart enough to work anywhere else. *he leaves*

ME: *I grumble and mutter and think of ways I would brutally hurt him. Like a bath in coffeee* I check the coffee pots. Most are at least half full. All very hot still. I have no idea what he was rambling about.

Old Lady and Dildos
    This elderly lady came in and was looking around the store. After a bit I asked if she needed to find anything.
    OL: I need ky jelly, or some kind of lubrucent.
    ME: *blink* Sorry... we don't have anything like that right now.
    OL: I need batteries then.
    ME: What... size....?
    OL: *she makes a motion of making a fist, one on top of the other, and makes a shaking motion* "That big and that much..."
    ME: *..... .... brain work. Brain work. be profesonial.* "Umm... I think that be C size. Or maybe D....
    OL: OH its C!... I think...
    ME: I can't exchange if your wrong. Maybe you can check first.
    OL: *she smiles* Oh, ok. Thank you anyway.

Bottle Returners... How I hate you
    This man came in with a big black bag that is leaking like crazy. He assures me he only has a few. He starts trying to put some in the totes, but they are all fred meyer or other brands we don't sell. He stands up.

SC: FINE!!! TAKE THEM ALL THEN!!! *he then starts kicking the bag repeatedly, sending cans flying everywhere. I took a few steps back and just started. The man starts to laugh manically, breathing heavy with a smile of victory.

ME: So. How are you going to get your baba of beer now ya baby?"
    SC: *just stares*
    ME: Want me to call mommy?
    SC: *storms out*

I picked up the bottles between customers, and threw them out when I had a chance.

My fingers are hurting. I'll put the rest of what happened later. But yeah. I hated that shift so damn much.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

I don't know how you do it! Your customers are unbelievable. Sundays seem to be the worst. Wish you could hang out ok a Sunday with me--I don't work them anymore and I'm so glad.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ugh the old lady with the lubricant and batteries scares me.... a lot....

https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

That's Oregon? From the way you were talking, I thought you were in the deep south or something...

Ay yi yi yi yi....

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
          That's Oregon? From the way you were talking, I thought you were in the deep south or something...

Ay yi yi yi yi....
          Yup that would be right here in Oregon...The people here frighten me sometimes.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

So this is Oregon? Tolerant Oregon?

Comment

Working...
            X