Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shop I work at has two flats above it. One is a small bedsit that can only be accessed via the shop so it's used as store rooms.

The other is a proper 1 bedroomed split level flat. The kitchen/diner is behind the shop and the lounge, bed and bathrooms are above. It has access both from the shop and the outside and I lived there for about 6 years.

I had no problems livin there but you do need to be very strict. It was in my lease that the boss or colleagues couldn't knock on the door unless it was an emergency. And the door between the flat and the shop was a double door like interconnecting hotel rooms so I could lock them out via the inner door. Also I had to force myself to make sure I went outside every lunchtime either to eat dinner in the village park or just to walk down the main street and back purely so that I didn't get stuck indoors for days at a time.

I had to pay rent otherwise it would be a taxable benefit on my pay and all the utilities were independent of the shop. However I was paying a minimal rent and got most of it back from the shop next door in exchange for ringing them and the police if their alarm went off during the night!

I actually really liked living there as there were all sorts of added perks. Such as in summer when you had your tea break you could nip through and get washing pegged out or if you timed your break for an hour before closing you could get tea in the oven so it would be ready when you got home.
    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Working...
    X