Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will never have to work until midnight ever again.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will never have to work until midnight ever again.

And neither will anyone else on the front end! Starting Sunday, my store apparently closes at 11 instead of 12. The store manager decided it wasn't worth staying open that extra hour when they only make $200 more. Plus, a lot of the other stores in the chain around here close at that time.

The only two things that will probably be a pain in the ass - customers that don't bother paying attention; and a CDH (front end manager) who doesn't manage to always get things done when she closes.

Anyways...

Don't forget people who will continually to push their way in after close...
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Years ago, I managed to finagle my schedule so on Saturdays I can only work 8:30p-12:30a. Then we switched store hours with another store and are no longer 24/7. So now they very, very rarely schedule me on Saturdays since we close at midnight. Unless they want to pay me for 30 minutes of nothing.

Yeah it was a posterior pain to tell people we actually close once in a while. It was hard enough to get them to stop trying to buy liquor at midnight!
      Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Verdict after almost two weeks: much better. The only days it was a problem closing early are days it would have been a problem to close any time (read: day before a snowstorm). Even the CDH that I thought would have trouble closing early hasn't really had a problem with getting her stuff done.

Comment

Working...
        X