This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start looking for work tomorrow *needs warm fuzzies*

So tomorrow morning at 8am I start pounding the pavement...err internet for a job.

It has been just under two years..... I am absolutely petrified!

I love working, I HATE the getting a job process, the waiting for a phone call, the idiotic questions in interviews, that first 10 second look over when you turn up.... I hate knowing they are judging me and that I have to sell myself.

Most of all I am scared of getting back out into the world, I find it much harder to be out of the house nowadays. It's time to take a big breath, put my big girl panties on and get back into the world.

Wish me luck!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Good luck!
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Good luck Kiwi You can do it!!!!
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        I HATE the getting a job process
        Good luck-I am reminded of a Dilbert strip where Catbert(evil HR director) was explaining that the easiest way to retain employees was to make the hiring/interview process less enjoyable than brushing one's hair with a feral cat.....
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

hey! No worries! You'll get a job. Just be sure to bug the hell out of the ones you want. Call every day. Etc.

You can do it. Keep a positive mind, smile, be happy.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Be advised if you end up at my office I will laugh bitterly at you.

Comment

Good luck!!

*sends lots of warm fuzzies*

Comment

I have applied for three so far, argh it took a WEEK for the immigration "mentor" to get back to me just to tell me they couldn't help with my resume (the NZ one is much different) but I could use blah blah blah.

Rang cic to ask what my mentor should be doing.... guess what one of the main tasks is...helping me get set up to work including resume help. I go back to the mentor, she tells me to volunteer for a year then get back to her.

Thanks a lot I can really pay my bills volunteering can't I.... your such a big help...no really, excellent job there you useless lazy shit.

Comment

I finally got a responce from her she is getting another staff member to help me a full 2 months after I first asked for help....she apprently focuses on housing and social needs of new immigrants. Thats wonderful how about you could have told me in one of the many emails you have sent me or one of the FIVE times I tried to clarify what you could help me with.

and award for "its not my job" 2010 goes to...

I wonder if she actually knows what a "mentor" is?

Comment

Working...
                  X